Answer to why my truck is sitting in production limbo.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

natron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from my dealer that my truck has a microchip hold. That may answer why some of you have been in production so long. What confuses me is that they are plenty of trucks shipping that were built after mine. At what point do they go out and put that chip in my truck. Must be easier to put them in on line than to walk out to a parking lot and put it in. The obvious answer doesn't seem to apply these days. When is Ford going to remove their head from their ***?

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
That answer = your dealer has no clue and it's easy for them to get you off their back.

It's not Ford's fault really--IF it's a chip issue in reality, then they will ship your truck and others once they have the chip. They want to get your truck gone as bad as you do. They don't make money unless they ship the damn thing.

Derrick

Reaction score
So another story I heard (not to say it's true) that they are holding back new Bronco deliveries because of issues of fit and finish and those parked ones are having the chips removed and where are they going?? I thought premium vehicles would get priority for the money people are spending, but are probably going to the higher volume sales. JMO

Cotaco

Reaction score
I was in production the 11th, updated yesterday to sort of say it was built. Dealer said there was a slight chip hold and that my truck was cleared to ship, but that it just hadnt yet.

The tracker has been all sorts of buggy, from being behind showing status, to not showing anything at all, to now my window sticker is unavailable.

Now estimated delivery changed from 11/15 to 11/6, we'll see how accurate it is with getting rail transport to CO
1634827880750.png

OP
OP
N

natron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That answer = your dealer has no clue and it's easy for them to get you off their back.

It's not Ford's fault really--IF it's a chip issue in reality, then they will ship your truck and others once they have the chip. They want to get your truck gone as bad as you do. They don't make money unless they ship the damn thing.
I wasn't on my dealers back. They email every couple of weeks to give me an update. There would be no reason for him to say that unless that it what he saw.

Since you seem to have all the answers, why are trucks that were built weeks ago sitting in a parking lot and ones that are coming off the line today with the same options getting shipped? There are a lot of people that are on here that their trucks have been in production a long time after their blend date that want to know why. Just trying to share info I got from my dealer.

AxelR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At this point I feel like a broken record.
Mine has been awaiting shipment since 08/25. As of Monday it will be 2 months.
It was scheduled to arrive at the dealer between 10/14 and 10/20.
I don’t know what’s going on but to add to this, my wife’s Tesla’s delivery has been pushed out as well (and we live 45 minutes away from the factory).

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't on my dealers back. They email every couple of weeks to give me an update. There would be no reason for him to say that unless that it what he saw.

Since you seem to have all the answers, why are trucks that were built weeks ago sitting in a parking lot and ones that are coming off the line today with the same options getting shipped? There are a lot of people that are on here that their trucks have been in production a long time after their blend date that want to know why. Just trying to share info I got from my dealer.
Some dealers actually know whats going on, as they talk to their zone reps... mine does. I haven't emailed mine yet. Good friend has a Ford contact that he will see on Saturday and is going to ask what's going on.

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in production the 11th, updated yesterday to sort of say it was built. Dealer said there was a slight chip hold and that my truck was cleared to ship, but that it just hadnt yet.

The tracker has been all sorts of buggy, from being behind showing status, to not showing anything at all, to now my window sticker is unavailable.

Now estimated delivery changed from 11/15 to 11/6, we'll see how accurate it is with getting rail transport to CO
View attachment 325767
well hopefully it does i dont know what a slight chip hold is though? a lot of us are showing built 10/19 my dealer told me today that it has chip hold and the eta went too tbd.