Another Lemon goes back to Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panaraptor

Reaction score
Guess what Ford is going to do with it? But your point is valid, it will have a buyback on the title. Did Ford make you whole? ie all out of pocket expenses, including taxes and registration? If you push them a tiny bit they'll also waive depreciation. Hopefully that's the case. Ford really needs to figure out how to hold bad dealerships accountable. I'll bet one in a hundred customers knows that dealers are independent businesses. It says Ford on the sign, must be Ford.
Doesn’t matter if Ford ends up selling a lemon. Doesn’t mean anyone should morally corrupt themselves and sell it to some unsuspecting buyer. This guy did exactly what he should have done.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ah yes... Lemons.

Good source of Vit C conversation and by C I mean Characters in here. :)

Let that man Lemonize his lemon.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Guy 1 has problems with his Ford
Guy 2 blames guy 1 for the problems and recommends selling it to unsuspecting buyers so his resale isn't affected
Several other guys "haha" @ guy 2

Never said that. I said he probably could have sold it for more than he got from the repurchase. It’s going to get resold regardless. I recommended contacting Ford corporate and having a Field Engineer fix his truck. Then he could have sold it if he still didn’t want it afterward.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agree 100% with FTO on this one. I own a 2018 buyback truck. I am lucky to have several good dealers in KC that I trust. I would not have gone this route if I didn't have good dealers close by.

And I DID have problems. Ford fixed every single one of them, down to a new long block, turbos and pretty much new engine at 45k miles. Oh yeah, also IWE issues, broken moonroof, and throw in a water leak for good measure.

Not one sign of resistance, all they asked was my patience while they found the root causes.

I am at 60k miles now and truck drives and rides like new. Feels rock solid. Love every minute of it. People say “for $70k you shouldn’t have these types of problems”. Well, try any other car. I’m an older dude, driven just about every brand and type and they all have problems at some point.

Most expensive car I ever owned??? The cheap Mercedes I got a great deal on. Traded that one in on my first F150 and never looked back.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree 100% with FTO on this one. I own a 2018 buyback truck. I am lucky to have several good dealers in KC that I trust. I would not have gone this route if I didn't have good dealers close by.

And I DID have problems. Ford fixed every single one of them, down to a new long block, turbos and pretty much new engine at 45k miles. Oh yeah, also IWE issues, broken moonroof, and throw in a water leak for good measure.

Not one sign of resistance, all they asked was my patience while they found the root causes.

I am at 60k miles now and truck drives and rides like new. Feels rock solid. Love every minute of it. People say “for $70k you shouldn’t have these types of problems”. Well, try any other car. I’m an older dude, driven just about every brand and type and they all have problems at some point.

Most expensive car I ever owned??? The cheap Mercedes I got a great deal on. Traded that one in on my first F150 and never looked back.
What if you had a brand new truck and didn't have dealers around that could fix your issues? You would agree that it's your fault?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Half a decade in CA…… it shows.

The guy’s on here a lot and offering -free- support to users here on common and simple issue to suggestion on where to look for some off the wall stuff. @FordTechOne and I disagree quite a bit about lemon laws, LL Lawyers and the process surrounding it, but his perspective is quite different from mine. I may disagree with his position, but I respect it.

I’m sorry this user has had to go through the process and it’s even doubly more unfortunate that these problems would be resolvable with a dedicated, competent service staff. The dealer basically caused this buy back.

I don’t know what goes on inside Ford corp., but having been successful in a lemon law suit previously, I would find it very hard to believe that Ford was not cognizant of the incident history, diagnosis or lack thereof and results. I’d be further surprised if legal didn’t pass that by Ford’s own engineers to do what amounts to a ‘process failure analysis’ ; that is - where did the tech or techs go wrong and why? I don’t know what manufacturers do with that information but again I’d be surprised if someone in the company is not sifting through it to fix this because it’s an expensive proposition for all concerned. The manufacturer doesn’t send some bargain basement lawyer who works solely on commission, they have a legal department and (used to) typically assign a lead and assistant counsel and at least one expert witness willing to lie about present evidence of abuse or neglect on the stand, and at least one subject matter expert who will explain why the plaintiff’s expectations are too high. None of these people work inexpensively and the entire process is a long one. Now, sure the legal staff is being retained but we’re all paying for these failures in the amortized cost of the vehicles.

I’d really love it to know that a user could get a dealer back charged for service department caused failures, and especially ones resulting in a lawsuit and eventual payout. Sure, the manufacturer puts out some problem parts once in a while but just like the few leaking plastic oil pans- we had a bunch of users had to go through multiple replacements because - as FTO has pointed out, they weren’t following the procedure correctly.