Another Lemon goes back to Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if you had a brand new truck and didn't have dealers around that could fix your issues? You would agree that it's your fault?
Well… yeah I would.

Again, old wise guy babbling here, but why make a $70k investment without considering the possible maintenance it might require. I have been burned too many times to not consider maintenance in the big decisions.

I specifically switched from a Mercedes to a Ford for these reasons:
1. Ease of access to many dealers
2. Cost of maintenance
3. Increased access to parts
4. Domestic company

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well… yeah I would.

Again, old wise guy babbling here, but why make a $70k investment without considering the possible maintenance it might require. I have been burned too many times to not consider maintenance in the big decisions.

I specifically switched from a Mercedes to a Ford for these reasons:
1. Ease of access to many dealers
2. Cost of maintenance
3. Increased access to parts
4. Domestic company

We aren't talking about maintenance, we are talking about broken things on a new car that are covered under warranty. So warranty doesn't matter? It's all buyer beware? You buy a vehicle, with warranty, there's a fault with it. And it's your fault the dealer can't fix it? You just take in on the chin? That's what you just said. No responsibility with Ford at all fix a warranty issue. Nothing "wise" about anything you just said, quite the opposite. This isn't a case of "oh I bought this off road truck and had no idea how much these big tires cost"

Sonicsunspot

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We aren't talking about maintenance, we are talking about broken things on a new car that are covered under warranty. So warranty doesn't matter? It's all buyer beware? You buy a vehicle, with warranty, there's a fault with it. And it's your fault the dealer can't fix it? You just take in on the chin? That's what you just said. No responsibility with Ford at all fix a warranty issue. Nothing "wise" about anything you just said, quite the opposite. This isn't a case of "oh I bought this off road truck and had no idea how much these big tires cost"
Easy there sport. Not a big deal. I’m just not the type of person to walk into an unknown dealer I haven’t researched a bit to plop down $70k on a truck.

That seems very unwise to me. But what do I know…

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Easy there sport. Not a big deal. I’m just not the type of person to walk into an unknown dealer I haven’t researched a bit to plop down $70k on a truck.

That seems very unwise to me. But what do I know…
In your opinion. What’s a warranty for? There are defined terms but I want to know what you think it’s for.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s a public discussion. Unfollow the thread or block me and you won’t have to read it.
Yes, but you posted this "We aren't talking about maintenance, we are talking about broken things on a new car that are covered under warranty. So warranty doesn't matter? It's all buyer beware? You buy a vehicle, with warranty, there's a fault with it. And it's your fault the dealer can't fix it? You just take in on the chin?"

OP has a 2018. I didn't catch the mileage, but this is a potentially 4 year old truck if built in 2017. Your question is a topic in and of itself, not related to the OP post.