Another Lemon goes back to Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panaraptor

Reaction score
You have an incompetent dealer. IWE Hubs are a simple fix. There’s a TSB for rattle on cold start. You probably could have sold it for more than got from the repurchase, makes no sense. The legal fees that the manufacturer has to pay plus the cost of the buyback is astronomical. Guess who absorbs that cost? WE as consumers do. Then people wonder why the cost of new vehicles goes up every year by so much, the money is going in the pockets of scumbag lawyers. I’m guessing you must be in commmiefornia, it’s the only state where you can get a vehicle bought back for any ridiculous reason.

The truck won’t go back to Ford. It goes to a dealer and then typically auction. The title gets branded as well, which pulls resale on everyone else’s vehicle down.
You certainly assume a lot and are quick to deal out the blame.

You assume the rattling is the IWE system

You assume the engine noise is the phaser

You assume it’s his own fault for installing the phoenix system

You assume the buyer didn’t give the dealership every opportunity to fix the issues

And then you arrogantly tell him he’s indirectly responsible for high car prices.

Another example of ideological thinking void of real world experience

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I been away from the forum for a looooong time because due the issues with my truck I lost any interest in it. I should say thanks to ford I lost any interest in it.
I had a bunch of rattling noise from the driver front hub. Occasionally the hub would engage causing the car to steer or slid.
The engine would make rattling sound on cold start.
Electrical and infotainment too long to list.
driving mode would not change.
After many visit to different dealers I gave up.
One thing a mechanic told me during my visits is that Ford doesn't pay them enough to diagnose and repair when weird stuff happens. True or not I couldn't deal with it no more. Even if I loved every single drive, until thigs got weird.
Now Ford is buying it back and I am buying an amazing 2005 Ford Excursion!
In my case until I filed legal paper against ford they didn't care at all. After they were ready to buy it back no question asked.
That my 2 cents.
explain these legal cases..

and steps..

Zev

Reaction score
You know what, my truck is all jacked up and Ford can’t fix it, you think I give a **** about the next guys resale value, you better believe I’m opening up a lemon law case.

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have an incompetent dealer. IWE Hubs are a simple fix. There’s a TSB for rattle on cold start. You probably could have sold it for more than got from the repurchase, makes no sense. The legal fees that the manufacturer has to pay plus the cost of the buyback is astronomical. Guess who absorbs that cost? WE as consumers do. Then people wonder why the cost of new vehicles goes up every year by so much, the money is going in the pockets of scumbag lawyers. I’m guessing you must be in commmiefornia, it’s the only state where you can get a vehicle bought back for any ridiculous reason.

The truck won’t go back to Ford. It goes to a dealer and then typically auction. The title gets branded as well, which pulls resale on everyone else’s vehicle down.
Actually California is one of the worst states for a buy back. In Ca you always have to go to mediation. The best state for lemon law is AR where if you take the truck in for 3 unrelated things , while the truck is in warranty, you can claim your truck is a lemon and open a buy back request.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Actually California is one of the worst states for a buy back. In Ca you always have to go to mediation. The best state for lemon law is AR where if you take the truck in for 3 unrelated things , while the truck is in warranty, you can claim your truck is a lemon and open a buy back request.

That is not correct. Cali has some of the strongest lemon laws in the country, it’s all outlined in the Song-Beverly act. I spent half a decade out there, mediation is not required.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You certainly assume a lot and are quick to deal out the blame.

You assume the rattling is the IWE system

You assume the engine noise is the phaser

You assume it’s his own fault for installing the phoenix system

You assume the buyer didn’t give the dealership every opportunity to fix the issues

And then you arrogantly tell him he’s indirectly responsible for high car prices.

Another example of ideological thinking void of real world experience

He literally said the driver side hub would rattle and intermittently engage. There’s a detailed pinpoint test to easily diagnose that issue. He also said he had a rattle noise on cold start. There’s a TSB for that symptom. I didn’t assume anything, I replied based on what he stated.

You don't even know what a phaser is, but you’re here spewing your nonsense like you have the slightest clue about vehicles in general. But yea, I have “no real world experience” lol. You’re a joke.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know the vehicle has defects so I would not sell it, I think is a cheap move. I try to respect others.
Guess what Ford is going to do with it? But your point is valid, it will have a buyback on the title. Did Ford make you whole? ie all out of pocket expenses, including taxes and registration? If you push them a tiny bit they'll also waive depreciation. Hopefully that's the case. Ford really needs to figure out how to hold bad dealerships accountable. I'll bet one in a hundred customers knows that dealers are independent businesses. It says Ford on the sign, must be Ford.