Another kick in the d!@#

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
squeak

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, all. They said they aren't moving on price so it's this truck at msrp or back to the dreaded search...

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you really need 37's? Probably not, PP on-board is cool, but not really a necessity for most either. I'd just take the 35 package and find some 37 take off's. I don't have the heated steering wheel and don't miss it nearly as much as I thought I would, the wheel isn't that cold in the first place because of the material of construction.

Good luck either way man

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Thanks, all. They said they aren't moving on price so it's this truck at msrp or back to the dreaded search...
Wrong answer. They kept you going all this time and the order came in not meeting your expectations? As a buyer, I really don’t care who made the errors, I care that the delivery didn’t meet my expectations. How that happened really is not my concern. That it happened, is my concern.

In late ’16 when I was searching, I found a stealership with an inbound ’17. We negotiated, agreed and waited impatiently while Ford held the new trucks after the press release. Truck rolled in and it had almost 200 miles on it.

Sales manager gave me the punch list showing they held the truck back for QA, and all the updates and fixes made - 4 pages. He apologized profusely and assured me, “we did not go joyriding in your truck, no way, no how. We only drove it to the bays and to the fuel pumps, that’s it”. He was convincing, but, he also had evidence.

Your guys don’t seem to be caring much. I have a particularly low tolerance for having my chain yanked so read my commentary with a grain of salt here and don’t be unduly influenced by my acknowledged impatience. That said, I’m not feeling the love from your potential stealership here.

DFWRob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Listen man - if it was me I would bail. Knowing myself, I would look everyday and think (this isn't what I ordered and I still paid top dollar)

Thats my .02

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I feel for the OP as we all do. That said, I love my Gen3 with 35s. Putting on 37s if you want or need then is an ez fix. Pro power? Unless you are a tradesman who hooks his power tools up to the truck every day, so what? Just another thing to f up.

Get the truck. You’ll be glad you did. And should you regret it, it retains value.

OP
OP
squeak

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well then to bring you all up to speed... I listed my 17 for sale about a week ago and I've got a buyer waiting for me to decide if I'm still selling.

I found a 22 37 pp loaded with 2000 miles for about the price of a new one and has Torsen, pro power, blue interior and heated steering wheel. My wife doesn't prefer the color though.

The one I ordered has to be shipped probably adding another $800 to the cost.

There. Now we're all invested with the same amount of info. Lol

So-Cal-Al-52

I Love Fossil Fuel
Reaction score
Haha, so now your choice is the MY 2023 without heated steering and Torsen and is a 35 with the color you like ,or 37 with color you don't like, but has 37 PP, heated steering, and Torsen. What color is the 37? I would take the 37 at the same price....but happy wife equals happy life. We are all waiting. :D

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Well then to bring you all up to speed... I listed my 17 for sale about a week ago and I've got a buyer waiting for me to decide if I'm still selling.

I found a 22 37 pp loaded with 2000 miles for about the price of a new one and has Torsen, pro power, blue interior and heated steering wheel. My wife doesn't prefer the color though.

The one I ordered has to be shipped probably adding another $800 to the cost.

There. Now we're all invested with the same amount of info. Lol
What color is the 22? Honestly Azure gray is far from my favorite. What do I know though? Mine is primer.