37 vs 35 in the flesh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Has the 37 truck gone through PDI? Do they ship these things with blocks in the springs?
Maybe the 35 truck springs have settled and the new 37 has not.
There could be a variety of reasons why the difference looks larger than it should.
None of the reasons equate to trading in for a 37 because it has the big tire package.
For you maybe no, we know you love the base 35. For OP and others they much prefer 37 and it's absolutely worth it. Personally I would never go back to 35 after owning a bunch of them after 37. Money difference is negligible for the way 37 looks. YMMV.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
For you maybe no, we know you love the base 35. For OP and others they much prefer 37 and it's absolutely worth it. Personally I would never go back to 35 after owning a bunch of them after 37. Money difference is negligible for the way 37 looks. YMMV.
Dood ..what are you talking about?
If all you care about is looks you just need to buy tires. lol
Im in Bizarro world. Hope your 37 is equipped enough to drive down the side of the cubed planet.

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Dood ..what are you talking about?
If all you care about is looks you just need to buy tires. lol
Im in Bizarro world. Hope your 37 is equipped enough to drive down the side of the cubed planet.
Some people don't want to deal with sheet after the fact. It's ok....some people like 37 and don't mind spending $$. I know that bothers you. It's ok.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some people don't want to deal with sheet after the fact. It's ok....some people like 37 and don't mind spending $$. I know that bothers you. It's ok.
I completely understand the guys who want a turn key 37, it’s great we have that option. What I don’t understand is the guys that buy the 37pp only to get home and immediately slap aftermarket wheels and 37s on it. Lots of money to get a “37” sticker. Of course, 24+, if you want the Recaros you now have no choice.

Aleja_333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I completely understand the guys who want a turn key 37, it’s great we have that option. What I don’t understand is the guys that buy the 37pp only to get home and immediately slap aftermarket wheels and 37s on it. Lots of money to get a “37” sticker. Of course, 24+, if you want the Recaros you now have no choice.

With that 37pp, you also get bigger shock internals and different frame to accommodate the 37's. So is not like guys/gals are throwing away money by buying a 37pp and switching the wheels.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
With that 37pp, you also get bigger shock internals and different frame to accommodate the 37's. So is not like guys/gals are throwing away money by buying a 37pp and switching the wheels.
We know ...we know.
A 37 spare fits on a 35 truck so that's a moot point. The shocks may last longer or the may not. If you go with a lighter wheel/tire combo are the larger shocks even needed? Personally I'm not going on Baja runs so I don't miss them. If I was I'd just get some King's.

Aleja_333

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We know ...we know.
A 37 spare fits on a 35 truck so that's a moot point. The shocks may last longer or the may not. If you go with a lighter wheel/tire combo are the larger shocks even needed? Personally I'm not going on Baja runs so I don't miss them. If I was I'd just get some King's.

You are 100% correct. If all you do with your 37" tires is Costco runs to get those sweet jeans, you absolutely don't need the benefit of the larger shock.

I doubt King has done the same amount of R&D when it comes to shock development specifically for the Raptor and it's intended use. I wouldn't switch my OEM Fox for Kings if doing Baja runs. That's just me.

Last edited:

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know all the differences, personally I think they’re 95% marketing. I think the 37pp would have a much easier time fitting a toyo/nitto 37 spare though. But bfg 37s fit in the 35 spare location no problem.

If anything the 37 shocks are likely valved differently because they have 1” less travel, because from an unsprung weight perspective the difference is negligible.