Another kick in the d!@#

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
squeak

squeak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 real options:

I know the hate that I'll get but I spec'd a pretty loaded trx and with all the discounts was the same price as my 37 raptor. I can order it and have it in 3 months and I haven't heard they're deleting options like ford.

Take this one with 35's.

Find another used or new one

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
What’s most important for you?

How will you really use the truck?
Posing?
impressing starbucks barristas?
DD?
some light off roading - hunting trips, forest roads.
serious stuff, you’re a legit 3 percenter taking your trucks where side by sides fear to tread
- you are a legit off road, FULL SEND hero that Dakar rally drivers envy.

Are the 37’s that you can replace yourself with a decent set of wheels from an FRF supporting vendor, and the pro power enough of a loss that you have to go another direction?

Stealership has been good, relatively... they’re making enough on you for a 3 week vacation to Tahiti. So no need to feel bad if you walk.

If it’s really not what you want, time to negotiate harder. Tell them straight up, heart set on the 37, you’ll give them the business but 82k final offer.

Like you said, you can grab TRX in 90 days.

raptorzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My order for an azure gray 37 showed up today as a 35 package with no pro power. I have to decide if I'm talking it or not. I like raptors more than any truck but it's just too hard to find one without feeling like you're overpaying. It took me a year to get to this point. No heated steering, now no 37 or pro power. It's cheaper but to pay 84,000 for a truck that's missing so much...

If you want to know why... apparently it was a stock order that they built to my specs and Ford can modify stock orders without telling you. Make sure you confirm it's a retail order when ordering yours.

I'll let this group know if I let it go.
Get it

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pro power not an issue. It was a must have on my order and I’m glad mine was deleted by ford.

That alone wouldn't have been a deal breaker
If the loss of Pro Power isn’t a deal breaker then I think you have your answer. As @smurfslayer stated, you can find a set of 37” take offs or better yet, go with a nicer set of 37” wheel/tire combo that fit your taste and be done. Just a few Forscan changes to correct for the larger size tire & you’re all set…been done time and time again here.

So the real question is, do you get busy living or get busy dying…

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
Don't do it...grab one the way you want. I just bought another 37 in the color I wanted since the one I originally bought wasn't.

Don't settle and you'll be happy later. PLENTY of good deals if you hunt.

FoxNotch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 real options:

I know the hate that I'll get but I spec'd a pretty loaded trx and with all the discounts was the same price as my 37 raptor. I can order it and have it in 3 months and I haven't heard they're deleting options like ford.

Take this one with 35's.

Anyone can order a TRX, not everyone gets a Raptor, with that said, think about resale too.

Not knocking the TRX, just saying. Kudos to them for making a truck to compete with, unlike GM with the ZR2…LMAO!

MKW1456

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 real options:

Take this one with 35's.

The order banks for the TRX are currently closed. They recently reopened for 3 days and after 500 orders closed again. May reopen in the future one more time. If you haven’t already placed an order you are out of luck. Build estimates on a TRX are 6-9 months.
I have both a 2022 TRX and a 2022 Raptor that I just picked up a few weeks ago. It was a special order that a customer walked on. Non 37 package. I’ve already put 37” tires on it without issue. I get your dilemma but don’t think that the majority of people will notice any functional difference between 35 and 37 PP. Pro power is a different issue. IMO I would buy this truck and negotiate that you get their next allocation for a 37 truck (in writing of course). Maybe also negotiate some 37” BFG KO2s they can slap on before you pick it up ($1800 value).