37 vs 35 in the flesh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are 100% correct. If all you do with your 37" tires is Costco runs, you absolutely don't need the benefit of the larger shock.

I doubt King has done the same amount of R&D when it comes to shock development specifically for the Raptor and it's intended use. I wouldn't switch my OEM Fox for Kings if doing Baja runs. That's just me.
Take a look at the EXO guys, AZRR, etc, they’re abusing Gen 3 35 trucks on 37s in Baja without issue. Last time I was down there Baja was a bit more rough than Costco, but not sure, they have been on a development kick in CSL lately.

They all did the same with the Gen 2 too before 37pp’s existed. Same deal.

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has the 37 truck gone through PDI? Do they ship these things with blocks in the springs?
Maybe the 35 truck springs have settled and the new 37 has not.
There could be a variety of reasons why the difference looks larger than it should.
None of the reasons equate to trading in for a 37 because it has the big tire package.
says who...?

greatone99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a 37 package in June, the dealer didn't know if it would go through. End of July I picked up a non 37 exactly how I wanted it down to the color. Fast forward, the 37 I ordered showed up yesterday.
Will be swapping to the 37. In person its a major height difference. I took a pic of the 2 next to each other.
Truck was built Sept 9, and to my dismay the heated steering wheel is not there (important in NE)
The truck is about 2-3 " taller.
View attachment 425646View attachment 425647
mine was built the 12th of sept and has a heated wheel ,strange

RaptorMann

Reaction score
Massachusetts sales tax on new vehicles is 6.25%, so the tax alone on this extra transaction is probably over $6K. Add to that the registration fees and the general PITA factor. Seems ill advised.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ll tell you, I just traded my 21 35” for a 23 R 37”, the new truck is way better, rides better, feels like it rolls better, quieter, The recaros are really nice. If you’re a large person might not be for you as they are slim. Worth every penny in my mind. I do think Ford should re-gear the 37 trucks.