Another kick in the d!@#

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Linvx

Reaction score
I owned a previous generation Raptor and currently own a blacked out diesel.

Dealer called the other day with a 35” Raptor for MSRP.

I looked at it and passed. 8 years or so ago, a 35” Raptor was the shit.

Now you can’t even pick a Raptor out of the crowd of trucks.

I would pass and get exactly what you want, especially the 37” and heated steering.

I can’t imagine an $84k truck without heated steering.

rlj676

Reaction score
I owned a previous generation Raptor and currently own a blacked out diesel.

Dealer called the other day with a 35” Raptor for MSRP.

I looked at it and passed. 8 years or so ago, a 35” Raptor was the shit.

Now you can’t even pick a Raptor out of the crowd of trucks.

I would pass and get exactly what you want, especially the 37” and heated steering.

I can’t imagine an $84k truck without heated steering.
Just lol.

Yes, the majority here are sure to agree those slightly larger tires are the only way a raptor stands out. Nothing like a blacked out diesel, a true one of one look

Dadlife

Reaction score
Hell no. If they botched your order, you should be paying less than msrp. I paid 85k for my fully loaded 37pp
I would escalate to ford corporate in the markup issue. They can atleast expedite a new build.

G3Rap

Reaction score
Don’t settle man.

I’ve heard of some dealerships doing some shady things and wouldn’t be surprised if your actual 37 package was sold to someone else at markup. I’ve never ordered a vehicle and I’m not even sure that’s possible; however, I have heard of dealers selling someone’s ordered vehicle either “accidentally” or said the order needed to be “updated” plus re-ordered and then sold the original vehicle.

Last edited:

JoeSC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$84K and not getting what you ordered? Jesus. Glad you didn't settle, that would've been a stupid decision. I kind of prefer used tbh. Yeah, you don't know what the previous owner did, but if you have a service history you can definitely see the number of times you didn't have to wait around for your truck to be repaired or have preventative TSBs addressed while you drove some lesser vehicle.