Another Ford service dept “gift”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
smgilles

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They think the intermittent grinding is coming from the Torsen differential itself. They performed the above workflow provided by @FordTechOne

Has anyone else have, had, or heard of issues with the Torsen itself. I run stock size 35” BF KO’s and front lifted 1.5” with RPG collar.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They think the intermittent grinding is coming from the Torsen differential itself. They performed the above workflow provided by @FordTechOne

Has anyone else have, had, or heard of issues with the Torsen itself. I run stock size 35” BF KO’s and front lifted 1.5” with RPG collar.

Not likely. The differential isn’t turning when you’re in 2WD. Does it make the noise in 4WD? What was the result of the pinpoint test?

OP
OP
smgilles

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not likely. The differential isn’t turning when you’re in 2WD. Does it make the noise in 4WD? What was the result of the pinpoint test?

Noise is always with deceleration, never acceleration and always in 2wd. Supposedly the pinpoint test was normal, but I got nothing in writing.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Noise is always with deceleration, never acceleration and always in 2wd. Supposedly the pinpoint test was normal, but I got nothing in writing.

Something is not adding up. At this point I’d be calling Ford customer care and asking for a field engineer to look at it.