Another Ford service dept “gift”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tim Eldredge

Reaction score
Tools!!! I had an oil change last week and asked them to put on my Famoto valve for me. They idiots installed it, put everything back together and filled her up. They stood there and watched 6 quarts of synthetic oil flow out of the truck onto the ground. They didn't understand how a ball have worked. Tried to charge me for 12 quarts of oil. Service manager said that they had never seen this sort of contraption!! WTF! Idiots looked like a bunch of illegals in Ford shirts. Paid for 6. Done with Ford service!!!

This is yet another reason why I trust no dealer or shop to work on my truck! I have seen and had to fix so much stuff dealer's and shops screwed up and ripped people off for!

OP
OP
smgilles

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the dealer called me and I talked to the supervisor and the lead tech. Both told me Ford is now telling them they are supposed to be performing the TSB I attached earlier as the correct one for IWE grinding. Despite it saying F150’s not including Raptors. They reached out to Ford this morning to get further clarification.

@FordTechOne you hear of any of this?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So the dealer called me and I talked to the supervisor and the lead tech. Both told me Ford is now telling them they are supposed to be performing the TSB I attached earlier as the correct one for IWE grinding. Despite it saying F150’s not including Raptors. They reached out to Ford this morning to get further clarification.

@FordTechOne you hear of any of this?

Never heard of that, not sure why they are confused when the TSB clearly states “except Raptor”. If a TSB doesn’t apply, they should be performing normal Workshop Manual diagnostics. If they claim Ford corporate says it’s the correct TSB, ask to see the response in writing.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Never heard of that, not sure why they are confused when the TSB clearly states “except Raptor”. If a TSB doesn’t apply, they should be performing normal Workshop Manual diagnostics. If they claim Ford corporate says it’s the correct TSB, ask to see the response in writing.

i mean, it's just another F-150, right? ;)

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm lucky with my local dealer , service writer I went to high school with, and I only ask for same mechanic that has been working on my warranty repairs 3 trucks now since 2010. Plus he says he likes working on my stuff because it's not all ragged out and clean for most part . LOL. I don't have to go back and double check his work. Had my 2019 Rap in few weeks ago , knocked out the alignment on drivers side . He installed the Black Moog alignment cam plates and the alignment came out perfect.

OP
OP
smgilles

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well. Ford said put the IWE back together, which they did. They checked vacuum and was apparently normal.

I drive home and there is lots of iwe grinding again. I’m half tempted to buy the RPG actuators.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well. Ford said put the IWE back together, which they did. They checked vacuum and was apparently normal.

I drive home and there is lots of iwe grinding again. I’m half tempted to buy the RPG actuators.

Verifying vacuum is only one step in diagnostics. They need to perform the entire pinpoint test to inspect the one way check valve, reservoir, solenoid, lines, and IWEs. How can they be so confused by such a simple system? It’s ridiculous.

OP
OP
smgilles

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Verifying vacuum is only one step in diagnostics. They need to perform the entire pinpoint test to inspect the one way check valve, reservoir, solenoid, lines, and IWEs. How can they be so confused by such a simple system? It’s ridiculous.

Do you have the workflow diagnostic handy? I will print and take to them and say please follow this workflow order an fix appropriately.

You can PM if easier. Thanks @FordTechOne

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have the workflow diagnostic handy? I will print and take to them and say please follow this workflow order an fix appropriately.

You can PM if easier. Thanks @FordTechOne

I can’t post the procedure but here’s where they can find it:

PTS> Workshop Manual > Section 308-07A > Diagnosis and Testing > Four-Wheel Drive Systems - Raptor.

Scroll down to the Symptom Chart to “Grinding/Clicking/Ratcheting noise from front axle in 2H mode”. That then directs to Pinpoint Test F.

If they can’t find that, find a new dealer.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
I can’t post the procedure but here’s where they can find it:

PTS> Workshop Manual > Section 308-07A > Diagnosis and Testing > Four-Wheel Drive Systems - Raptor.

Scroll down to the Symptom Chart to “Grinding/Clicking/Ratcheting noise from front axle in 2H mode”. That then directs to Pinpoint Test F.

If they can’t find that, find a new dealer.

I'll take New Dealer!