Another CAI question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do a lot of Winter Driving and Offroading so i want the best CAI to fit my needs. What CAI should i get aFe CAI with Lid or Volant??????

colecoin

Reaction score
I just took my AFE off because i dont need it due to the super chager i just installed. I liked the afe the install was a breeze and it was pretty quiet with the lid. I do need to sell mine also

Rusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like what the AFE inclosed looks like.
I just bought one, we will see if it does what it is supposed to do.
Looks good in the photos. I'll let you know how things work out.
Rusty

Wheela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love my AFE stage 2 dry w/ 5star lid, but I also loved my airaid if itda just had a lid, many choices, just find one you like, you cant go wrong

Last edited:

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had the AFE Stage 2 w/ 5 Star Lid on for a couple of weeks now, and so far, I'm very happy with it.

BlueSVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've been running an AFE for a while, and up until now have been very happy with it.

I did however, see one fail on this weekends Raptor Expedition. The boot that connects to the airbox was completely torn in half, and it was sucking the rubber into the intake, causing the truck to lose almost all power. After I saw that, I checked mine as well, and the rubber boot connecting to the airbox was VERY VERY soft, and almost looked as though it was going to fail too! Another friend of mine just has the boot that connects to the throttle body tear open, and he was sucking dirt in for a full day before noticing.

Now I'm wondering if the rubber itself is just getting too soft under extreme heat (it was 100+ this weekend on the run) or if there's another issue we're not seeing, maybe mounting alignment, etc. The Outlaw guys DO NOT recommend the AFE intake anymore, because they have seen multiple failures on the runs... and as we all know, the Outlaw runs are not to be taken lightly.

They recommend Volant, and I may be switching to Volant soon myself, after seeing the failures first hand. I do love my AFE intake though, especially the sound!