Another question about 37s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Latchkey Kid

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going with 37 on my factory rims and I believe all the necessary mods have been made sans the pinch welds which I'm doing this weekend. I also planning on purchasing one aftermarket rim.....

Black Rhino Warthog 17x8.5 6x135 -18mm Matte Black Wheel Rim 17" Inch 1785WHG-86135M87 Wheel Offset:-18Wheel Hub Bore:87.1Wheel Backspacing:4.04".​

I plan to mount a new tire on this rim to use to test the clearance and fitment then would LIKE to run it as my spare till I can get the other 4 rims which will be about two months after. Question 1.. If I have to run my spare (different offset and backspace than the factory rims) how would this affect a short term drive to get it somewhere for the repair? Question 2.. Will the the new rim offset and backspace fit? The math is so far beyond my elementary level education I've exhausted myself trying to understand. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Not sure on the backspacing. But throw a 35 on that rim while running it as a spare. If you get a flat, I would put this wheel on the front and rotate a front wheel on the rear flat as needed. Then run cautionary to have the flat repaired.

OP
OP
Latchkey Kid

Latchkey Kid

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be getting 5 new ties so they will all be 37s. The only difference will be the spair rim the rest of the rims will be factory

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you are going to run one 37 tire on a Blackrino -18 offset rim with three factory wheels and 35” tires. You may as well order differential parts and plan on it not driving straight , don’t use 4x4 mode or there we be severe problems unless on ice.
I bet if you researched on here, you need a level kit and none more than 0 offset. I like +25
The pending failures are not Fords fault.

OP
OP
Latchkey Kid

Latchkey Kid

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me try to explain again.. I will have 37s including the spare. All 5. I will be running the new rim for the spare only and the factory rims for the 4 on the truck till I order the 4 rims. I want to mount the new tire on the new rim to test fitment. I am way past a level kit at this point with my new springs and moving the shock pirch.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So you will have four 37’s until u get the new rims and you are only testing the -18 offset wheel vs the stock +36
That’s close to two inches out.

OP
OP
Latchkey Kid

Latchkey Kid

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet. That's what I needed to know! Thanks for the input. I'm not 100% on the rims but this is exactly what I needed to know. Much appreciated!!!!!

brink

Reaction score
-18 and 37s will rub like crazy, borderline undrivable. stock offset is +35