Annoying noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

antithos

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

New to this forum so please forgive the learning curve on how this works.
I have GEN2 early early 2018 Raptor. bought oct/nov 2017. Its all stock with 26K miles and I have having an annoying rattle when I brake. It does not do it every time, but if you are going under 15mph and hit 1000 RPM you have a metallic rattle. Depending on how long to ride it out it can last 1 sec of a 4-5. It does not do it any other time and will not do it everytime. I have a couple if videos of the noise but I cant seem to figure out how to post in a supported format. They are mp4 files from cell phone. Suggestions? I have been under the truck and everything seems normal, but for the life of me I cant figure it out. I have been to the dealership twice and they are clueless as well. I am hopping someone on there has had this issue and knows a fix. I am also starting to have cold start up issues that seem to be getting louder. this engine sounds really rough and once it warms up and you crank it again it don not present itself. This is a tough problem to show the dealer as by the time i get down there the engine is warm and will not do it.
Is anyone else having these problems and know what the solution is?
Also if there is a better way to post a vid and link to this please let me know.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a tsb on this issue and it’s related to the iwe. There’s a couple threads on this also. I had the same problem. My dealer fixed it but I’m having the same problem again as well and can’t replicate it also as the the engine is warm by the time I get to the dealer. Very frustrating.