AMS Turbo Inlet Tubes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Got this installed. Took about an hr. No numbers but can def feel a lil something throughout the Powerband. Figured either this or an intake and went with this.

Mishimoto ic installed later this week and going to a 1FG as well with goose finishing up the tune. Then e50 time. Will try to get some dyno numbers once goose finishes my 93 and e50 tune.
can you give some details of the install?

OP
OP
discowagon

discowagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished the install today, not particularly hard by any means but definitely not easy. Luckily I had a buddy help me, it would have been way harder without an extra set of hands. Getting the couplers seated on the turbo inlets was the hardest part (driver side tougher than passenger side, YMMV).

Here are a few pics next to stock inlet tubes:
EiSpAEI.jpg

qyfoQUg.jpg

Here's everything together (still waiting on Cobb to ship me the coolant reservoir cover):
EEpkGDu.jpg

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just finished the install today, not particularly hard by any means but definitely not easy. Luckily I had a buddy help me, it would have been way harder without an extra set of hands. Getting the couplers seated on the turbo inlets was the hardest part (driver side tougher than passenger side, YMMV).

Here are a few pics next to stock inlet tubes:
EiSpAEI.jpg

qyfoQUg.jpg

Here's everything together (still waiting on Cobb to ship me the coolant reservoir cover):
EEpkGDu.jpg
Very nice looking setup. What are your initial impressions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
discowagon

discowagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice looking setup. What are your initial impressions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hard to say, haven't driven it much and I've started my tuning session with GooseTuned with a new base map. I'll ask him to see if he notices any substantial differences from my logs against trucks with the stock inlets.

Cole Weezy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id be in if they were metal. I dont see the point of changing out one set of crappy plastic tubes for a different set of crappy plastic tubes.
On the 2019 Raptors the turbo inlet pipes look almost identical to these. I'm not too convinced that there would be a noticeable difference?!?

OP
OP
discowagon

discowagon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the 2019 Raptors the turbo inlet pipes look almost identical to these. I'm not too convinced that there would be a noticeable difference?!?

My comparison pics above are pipes from a 2019 and the ID on the AMS tubes are definitely larger than stock.