AMS Intercooler and Charge Pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Intakes dont include the inlet tubes down to the turbos.

Oh, my mistake. I thought it was just the intake tube. Thank you... added to the list of mods to do. I’d assume this is no more harmful than a CAI in terms of voiding a warranty? Tune needed for this mod?

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Cobb package came in today.

I guess it’s an ok Intake system. A few things I didn’t really like is that pipes are black but the supporting bracket is silver as well as all the hardware is silver. Seems kinda lame so I had to fix that and got new hardware in black and black bracket. May be my temporary intake system until I’ll find something else.

DBDD362A-2924-47BC-91D2-FD867BFE616E.jpeg
2C33A296-CB9B-427C-BCF1-8DF28CBD1E0F.jpeg

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Cobb package came in today.

I guess it’s an ok Intake system. A few things I didn’t really like is that pipes are black but the supporting bracket is silver as well as all the hardware is silver. Seems kinda lame so I had to fix that and got new hardware in black and black bracket. May be my temporary intake system until I’ll find something else.

View attachment 129737
View attachment 129735
Keep an eye on the clamp at the AMS tube to the CAI boot. Too tight when it gets hot and itll buckle. Plastic is a lil thin. Too tight it crushes, too loose it falls off. AMS may need to thicken that casting slightly.

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep an eye on the clamp at the AMS tube to the CAI boot. Too tight when it gets hot and itll buckle. Plastic is a lil thin. Too tight it crushes, too loose it falls off. AMS may need to thicken that casting slightly.
are you running the same setup?

Jeff manson

Reaction score
Thinking about adding the AMS pipes to go with my S&B intake.... only thing holding me back is others talking about the thin plastic and buckle where the clamps go.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about adding the AMS pipes to go with my S&B intake.... only thing holding me back is others talking about the thin plastic and buckle where the clamps go.
Apparently they realized the issue and made a change.
In another thread, AMS swapped with a new one and it was thicker.