AMS Intercooler and Charge Pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered and on the way. We shall see.

Installations advise:

Passenger side is pretty tight so I would recommend sliding the pipe with the rubber sleeve on it being slightly tight (so you can rotate it to the correct position. Then pull it out, fully tighten it on the pipe side and then put back in and tighten on the turbo side. The length of the sleeve is very precise so you don’t have lots of wiggle room or it won’t tighten all the way around properly.

Jeff manson

Reaction score
Installations advise:

Passenger side is pretty tight so I would recommend sliding the pipe with the rubber sleeve on it being slightly tight (so you can rotate it to the correct position. Then pull it out, fully tighten it on the pipe side and then put back in and tighten on the turbo side. The length of the sleeve is very precise so you don’t have lots of wiggle room or it won’t tighten all the way around properly.

Thank you, advise is always appreciated!

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my ams tubed installed today. Had them installed at same time as my CVF IC. My local shop said they were pretty strait forward but confirmed passenger side was a bit tedious. However, biggest issue is with the driver side tube. The two clips at top, red and grayish I believe would not reach the connection ports (about 2 inches shy). He said he really had to stretch them to maximum point and wansnt happy with the amount of tension it created. Concerned it will crack or break in freezing temps with expansion and contraction combined with engine movement.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Jeff manson

Reaction score
I just got my ams tubed installed today. Had them installed at same time as my CVF IC. My local shop said they were pretty strait forward but confirmed passenger side was a bit tedious. However, biggest issue is with the driver side tube. The two clips at top, red and grayish I believe would not reach the connection ports (about 2 inches shy). He said he really had to stretch them to maximum point and wansnt happy with the amount of tension it created. Concerned it will crack or break in freezing temps with expansion and contraction combined with engine movement.

Has anyone else had this issue?
I did not experience this, mine fit just like the factory connections did. The pic I added below is the factory set up. Are your connections in this order? Not the best pic/angle, but I took this for my reference when I installed.

10454E86-FD1A-4F1A-99CC-5830AB9DC205.jpeg

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to look at it tomorrow. Maybe take a pic and upload on here to see if I can get input. I'll be honest, I didnt see the order they were in before so not sure if they are correct now but would assume truck wouldn't run correctly if installed in wrong position.... correct!

MudLovingFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2019 are different than the 2017-2018 for those lines. I had to stretch and manipulate them on my 19 as well.

MudLovingFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok good to know! So maybe it's the 19's.... have u had any problems with them being stretched? Or did u do anything to remedy the issue?

I had to disconnect the two lines from the tubes and engine side and cut the tape connecting them off. Then spin the connectors on the hose until they mostly reached. I clipped them on and tugged and pulled and they were solid.
That being said, I threw a P04F0 code after the second test drive. Everything under the hood checked out ok, cleared it and hasn’t returned after a few miles but haven’t driven enough to confirm yet.