AMS Intercooler and Charge Pipes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm interesting. My guy suggested cutting the rubber hose and replacing with longer piece, clamping, and shrink wrapping to hide clamps and clean it up. Not sure if that's a good idea or not. Its definately VERY stretched and taunt. Not sure how AMS missed this issue on 19's. Maybe they need a remedy/revision to their kit for the 19+ models! .....
Good luck with the code man! Hopefully it was a one time fluke! I'll keep an eye out for it myself.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:
HUGE thanks to Nick at Apollo optics for getting to the bottom of this!

The AMS boost tubes are not approved for 19+ model years! Only 17-18! This is why guys with 19's are having fitment issues as I described earlier in the thread.
I attempted to contact AMS myself with no success or response to email.
I was able to send Nick pictures and description of problem. He followed up with AMS and they confirmed that the tubes are designed for 17-18 fitment!

They are currently working on a "fix" for those of us with 19's who have already purchased and installed.

Will keep u guys updated!

Last edited:

MudLovingFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE:
HUGE thanks to Nick and Apollo optic for getting to the bottom of this!

The AMS boost tubes are not approved for 19+ model years! Only 17-18! This is why guys with 19's are having fitment issues as I described earlier in the thread.
I attempted to contact AMS myself with no success or response to email.
I was able to send Nick pictures and description of problem. He followed up with AMS and they confirmed that the tubes are designed for 17-18 fitment!

They are currently working on a "fix" for those of us with 19's who have already purchased and installed.

Will keep u guys updated!

Thanks for looking into it! I haven’t had any issues since I cleared the CEL But it would be nice to have the two lines routed better than they are now.
Looking forward to seeing the fix

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to move them around a bit to make them fit but it wasn't a big issue. I think I have put about 2k miles during which I was doing bunch of 0-60 and 4th gear pulls to datalog and everything seems to be fine and no issues.

P4mnceBlue82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I've had no BIG issues yet either. Just a lot of tension on the tubes and parts. Im not overly concerned at the moment, but long term issues with that amount of tension after 40-50k miles is my main concern. My installer wasnt overly comfortable with it and recommended remedying it sooner than later.

Only issue I've had was My intake did disconnect from the passenger side boost tube due to the clamp loosening. But that's unrelated and was mentioned in FRL install notes. Seems to be a common issue once these things heat and cool a few times. Reconnected, tightened and no issues since.

MudLovingFJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, no issues right now but I am concerned what will happen over time, heat, and miles.

I also had the clamps going from my S&B intake to the turbo inlets loosen up but not come off. Tightened them down three or four times now, going to check and mark them next time to see how much they’re loosening up.

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What’s interesting is why Ford changed those pipes.

I was also told that 19 models have bigger turbos that 17/18. Don’t know if it’s true or not but that’s what I was told.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agreed, no issues right now but I am concerned what will happen over time, heat, and miles.

I also had the clamps going from my S&B intake to the turbo inlets loosen up but not come off. Tightened them down three or four times now, going to check and mark them next time to see how much they’re loosening up.

Get some T-bolt clamps.