Always the smallest things V2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to piggyback off of @Hdaniel85 in his Always the smallest things thread....

I have been having this noise in the tailgate for some time. Clearly something had come loose in there and was rolling around every time I raised or lowered it. I took the access panel off but it really doesn't show that much at all. I shined a flashlight in every orifice I could find but still couldn't see a thing.

So, I ended up taking it to the dealer, nice guys. They called and let me know it was done, he said I needed to come to see it but everything was fine now. Luckily there was no charge but they did get a good laugh at my expense and I obliged. :D

PXL_20201216_040248106.jpg

PXL_20201216_040255205.jpg

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I'm going to piggyback off of @Hdaniel85 in his Always the smallest things thread....

I have been having this noise in the tailgate for some time. Clearly something had come loose in there and was rolling around every time I raised or lowered it. I took the access panel off but it really doesn't show that much at all. I shined a flashlight in every orifice I could find but still couldn't see a thing.

So, I ended up taking it to the dealer, nice guys. They called and let me know it was done, he said I needed to come to see it but everything was fine now. Luckily there was no charge but they did get a good laugh at my expense and I obliged. :D

View attachment 158113

View attachment 158114

Nice. Do you have the tailgate step? Wonder if one of your shooting buddies pulled the step out and inserted the shell.

I am going to file this one away for later use on my ******* buddies.

OP
OP
Muchmore

Muchmore

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Nice. Do you have the tailgate step? Wonder if one of your shooting buddies pulled the step out and inserted the shell.

I am going to file this one away for later use on my ******* buddies.
Look on the bottom of the tailgate there is big draining holes in between it and the bed. I was setting on one side of the tailgate ejecting shells into the bed. Lesson learned!

But yeah look at the bottom of your tailgate with it open, in between the gate and bed.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a 9mm live round inside the floor vent (under the drivers seat) of my wife’s Benz shortly after purchase (used). I began to hear something rolling/rattling around and eventually found it.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Look on the bottom of the tailgate there is big draining holes in between it and the bed. I was setting on one side of the tailgate ejecting shells into the bed. Lesson learned!

But yeah look at the bottom of your tailgate with it open, in between the gate and bed.

When I set up my belt fed in the bed, I latched down the tripod, loaded up, racked and cut loose. It was a great time... Until I had to work my way out of the truck bed. There is no easy way to deal with a bed full of empty cartridge cases.

Or so I thought. As it turns out I was lobbing steel cased 8mm so I used a big @$$ magnet to help, because sweeping them out just jammed them into the gap between the bed and tailgate.

I can sympathize.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I have it on my “to do” list to use the tailgate step pole stripper pole as a sort of monopod. I figure i just need to preload it and keep the movement down to a minimum.

I’m thinking I could use the equivalent of a fist clamp around a free float tube or something along those lines.