Sync forgetting things and making me insane

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

icecoldak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got a message for a new sync update today. I was on 3.4xxx (don’t remember what) and today’s update is version 3.4.2251. Maybe check for updates?
I have 2251 update and it does it!! If you have a 19 with this update watch out!! seems to affect 2019's so far from what I have read--weird!

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The audio switching from Sirius to AM is pretty common. Mine use to do that about once a month and other people here have had the same issue. I cancelled Sirius so don't have that problem anymore. I never had an issue with receiver forgetting my iphone wifi connection. Never used the bread crumps feature.

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
We had this issue on the 2018 XLT that was part of our fleet vehicles. It was the APIM module, it will get worse over time.

Julian Rivera

Reaction score
I have a 2020 and mine also started about a month ago. every time I start the truck it will jump to FM or zero channel on Sirius. It forgets my pages of channels and defaults back to 2. It prompts me to do auto updates and diagnostics. It prompts me to connect to wifi. No matter what I select or choose it will forget and prompt the next time I start the truck. VERY ANNOYING!

I did a master reset of sync, turned off auto update, connected to wifi..... been 5 days with no issues so seems to have fixed it for me for now.

**** no more than 1 hour after I posted this it started up with the prompts again. :(

Last edited:

duff49

Reaction score
I have a 2020 and mine also started about a month ago. every time I start the truck it will jump to FM or zero channel on Sirius. It forgets my pages of channels and defaults back to 2. It prompts me to do auto updates and diagnostics. It prompts me to connect to wifi. No matter what I select or choose it will forget and prompt the next time I start the truck. VERY ANNOYING!

I did a master reset of sync, turned off auto update, connected to wifi..... been 5 days with no issues so seems to have fixed it for me for now.

**** no more than 1 hour after I posted this it started up with the prompts again. :(
went through this myself, was doing this for the last few months so I decided to take care of it. first of all the last thing I was going to do is allow the dealership just to swap apim module and not have an actual reason other than saying its a bad apim. They arent cheap, I'm covered with esp but still didn't want a monkey in my truck part swapping. Digging deeper the Apims that these dealers are having swapped will fix the issue, for a period of time. The real issue is the RW/Data folder is getting full due to non compression of files with the latest 3.4 update. There will be a ton of folks having this issue, and its going to be interesting to see if Ford can resolve a memory issue over the air. Mine was absolutely so full it would actually freeze doing a master reset and wouldn't complete. The fix other than having a monkey part swap a new apim (memory will fill up again with current version of software) is to jail break and use the rw/data folder cleaner. I then opted to go back to the previous version of 3.4 that didn't seem to be having the issue.

RDR2019

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone shared a post on this process earlier in this thread--it looks like the issue is not isolated to a specific Raptor or even Ford model year and instead impacts all Sync 3 systems updated to the latest firmware (~May 2023 build). You're correct though--having Ford swap it out under the ESP is one option as long as they don't update it to the latest Sync version after installing the parts they have in stock. Another option is the jailbreak route like you've done...I am tempted, but I want to see if Ford can address this with an update.