Alpine to release F150 radio Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now if someone would make a color matched replacement center piece for the dash for those of us with orange/blue interiors that would be awesome.

wishbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Uhhh no. All kinds of wrong. Microsoft was using Microsoft. We aren't getting an update. It's for new cars and trucks being launched as new models, e.g. 2015 F150. Switch in OS will help on features, voice functionality and more of an open platform for apps etc but won't itself change SQ.

As for Alpine HU, very cool and good to see the love for F150. Kudo's to Alpine. I just don't see dropping $3,500 on a new HU.

I specifically called out that it would not help the sound quality.

According to a person familiar with Ford’s plans, its MyFord Touch-equipped vehicles (including existing models) could “easily” be upgraded to use QNX instead of the current, underlying Microsoft technology
DailyTech - Report: Ford to Replace Microsoft with Blackberry

That's just one source and does just say "could" *shrug*. As for who actually wrote the software, I had read on the sync forums that microsoft sub-contracted it out, but I'm too lazy to try and dig that up.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey I would like to be proven wrong that Ford will give us an upgrade to the Blackberry QNX version of MyFord Touch. However, I read otherwise and think its quite unlikely for them to make this significant change for existing owners. They want to sell new vehicles and it does work for the most part.

wishbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with you. Unless it really is "Easy" I don't see much help coming from Ford anytime soon. I guess we'll see.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have not tried one yet. since they are so new, and carry a pretty hefty price tag, i havent had anyone come in here looking for one yet. and since most the raptor guys and gals have the oem nav, it wont do us any good. still waiting on someone to come in asking for one. the perfect fit kit has been a pretty much flawless design over the past few model vehicles out. i dont think this will be any different. the only thing i would be concerned about is how it works through maestro. thats all new stuff for alpine

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I actually just found that this morning as well. I'd like to see some real world reviews though before I consider dropping that kind of change on a headunit at any point in the future. From the initial pics I'm disappointed that Alpine left pictograms of cars etc. in a headunit made to fit a specific model truck. Also, I feel they should've made the screen higher res. 1080p would've been great and smaller screened cellphones are at least getting that or comparable pixel density.

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually just found that this morning as well. I'd like to see some real world reviews though before I consider dropping that kind of change on a headunit at any point in the future. From the initial pics I'm disappointed that Alpine left pictograms of cars etc. in a headunit made to fit a specific model truck......

Agreed. However, if you decide to get one please let me know, and I'll come check yours out, or vice versa. Also, Boomer Sooner!

Last edited: