Alpine to release F150 radio Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goofball

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this for people with heavy duty sound systems then? whats the real difference than stock nav setup? Im being serious I have zero stereo knowledge.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this for people with heavy duty sound systems then? whats the real difference than stock nav setup? Im being serious I have zero stereo knowledge.
the first step in a good audio system is the source. alpine has been going all out this year by attending a lot of truck meets. their main goal is to get into the truck market. that is why there will be many new products aimed at truck owners in the near future. having a new radio means you dont need to deal with the all the oem restrictions in your sound setup. this however is only the first step. good amplifiers and good speakers are also a necessity. adding a sound processor to the mix allows for even more tuning capabilities that you cant do with the head unit.

wishbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I spoke to Noah on the phone about this. I'm pretty excited to see what they do with it. I spoke with the dealership today about my annoyance with the lack of features in the myford touch system. Apparently they claim they switched over to blackberry to do the software (from whoever Microsoft was using) and we should get an update early next year. None of this necessarily helps the sound quality issue, but if you think about all the cash you put into the stock headunit to get it to sound good, sometimes it makes sense to upgrade the deck.

FastEddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... they switched over to blackberry to do the software (from whoever Microsoft was using) and we should get an update early next year.

Uhhh no. All kinds of wrong. Microsoft was using Microsoft. We aren't getting an update. It's for new cars and trucks being launched as new models, e.g. 2015 F150. Switch in OS will help on features, voice functionality and more of an open platform for apps etc but won't itself change SQ.

As for Alpine HU, very cool and good to see the love for F150. Kudo's to Alpine. I just don't see dropping $3,500 on a new HU.

PTYHRD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance but what's the 801a? Does that mean this new HU won't replace the ford factory screens yet just the raptors without nav?