Alpine to release F150 radio Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
By the time the one comes out for 801A/MFT, I'll be ready for it. The factory screen and functionality isn't terrible, but it's slow. If this is faster, looks better, and is cheaper to upgrade maps with/has a better mapping software (TomTom/Garmin) I'll be in the market. It will just need to control all climate control since when Ford went to MFT they took away physical buttons and put everything on the screen.

Reaction score
So... I purchased the X009-U kit for my truck. I had the factory Nav and all of that, but was never happy with the sound. I tried the Alpine PXA-H800 Processor and molded the controller in where the Hazard/Traction control switch was... but I didn't like the processor, too many steps. So far I have the unit in the dash and almost everything working like it should. I haven't checked the USB's and Aux ports yet. I just got another bezel this week and will be working on it here and there as time allows. The screen is HUGE compared to stock. I will try to get some pics uploaded and share my experience.

DSC02776.jpg

DSC02768.jpg

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looking forward to some real world pics and experience. Thanks for sharing.

Reaction score
Small update... The head unit itself is pretty awesome, in the guage mode, it will tell you several things; air intake temp, G-force, and several other things that I have'nt looked into too much. A couple of things I have noticed though are: the screen sits about an inch lower than the stock nav. I will get out to get a pic soon. The AC controls and radio controls are all one piece. Below is a couple of pics. My plan was to just unplug the ribbon cable and cut the plastic between the circuit boards. So I unplugged the ribbon cable and did a test run. Everything worked like it was supposed to, EXCEPT the little indicator lights on the buttons did not work. Not that big of a deal, but I want them to work so I will have to make something up. I will still have to cut the plastic just above the AC controls to make room for the radio, I just need a way to keep the other board plugged in and protected.

Attachments

• IMG_0947.jpg
    IMG_0947.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0948.jpg
    IMG_0948.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 106
Reaction score
Just a quick pic of what it looks like in the dash so far. Not much room left on the sides! Don't mind the mess under the radio, Once I get everything figured out, I will pull it all out and make everything nice and tidy. The piece that surrounds the radio is off with the bezel right now. My buddy is supposed to be putting it on a CNC machine getting everything cut out just right. It will hold the buttons on the bottom. You can kind of see on the top of the radio how it is as high as it can go. You have to start trimming out plastic if you want it to go any higher.

Attachments

• IMG_0966.jpg
    IMG_0966.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 122