Alpine PDX-V9 and Focal PS-165FX review & sub questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OneFord

Reaction score
Hey y'all! Almost didn't post this because I had this professionally installed instead of doing the work myself, but if anyone is interested, I'm getting great performance out of this setup for less than $2400 wired and installed!

I had a local shop called Car Toys pull out the Sony Premiums and replace them with Focal PS-165FXs, which sound great and are a real bargain for the price point. Best of all: they totally fit behind the old Sony covers, so you can't even tell that anything has been done, it looks bone stock. Doesn't sound stock though ;) The amp is an Alpine 5ch PDX-V9, very clear sound with absolutely no noise. It fit neatly under the passenger seat with no visible change to the interior. The power from this thing is not insignificant, to say the least.

Haven't gotten a sub yet, any suggestions?? This is my first foray into car audio so the proverbial ocean of options is a little overwhelming. Figured some of you ole boys would be a bit more experienced in the field than me. Thanks either way, y'all!

bambo2888

Reaction score
no problem. let me know if you need a box and woofer

I'd be interested in replacement speakers, jl stealth box, and amp that would hook up to my '14 ford touch. Would you mind PM'ing me with a price delivered to 33076? I assume that I would just tap the remote line to a rear speaker or is there a better way?

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in replacement speakers, jl stealth box, and amp that would hook up to my '14 ford touch. Would you mind PM'ing me with a price delivered to 33076? I assume that I would just tap the remote line to a rear speaker or is there a better way?
send me your number. there are a few things that we should go over.