Alarm upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I went to a local shop the other to look at getting a better alarm on my truck, but they said it wasn't possible since I had the factory remote start. Is this true? I find that pretty crazy. We've put men on the moon lol.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
who ever told you that either doesnt know or doesnt want to work on your truck. i have the viper 5904 and it is integrated into the oem system so my keypad and my factory key can control the viper alarm

OP
OP
R

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
who ever told you that either doesnt know or doesnt want to work on your truck. i have the viper 5904 and it is integrated into the oem system so my keypad and my factory key can control the viper alarm

Yeah I was pretty disappointed because I had talked to them on the phone and dropped my truck off and then called them later that day and they then said they couldn't do it even after they said they could on the phone. I don't understand why someone would turn away business, but that's their thing I guess.
What all does the 5904 come with? I was at least wanting a shock sensor and glass break sensor while still keeping my factory remote and everything.
You are Noah, correct?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats me.

the viper alarm (5906 is the current model. 5904 replacement) is their top of the line system. it includes the alarm with a color lcd screen, dual car capability, shock sensor, and remote start. all the other features are add ons. i put a magnetic pin on my tailgate, window automation, smart start, glass sensor and tilt sensor. you will also need a remote start interface. this is important because it integrates the viper alarm to the oem system. the alarm has up to a 1 mile range depending on conditions

OP
OP
R

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok cool. I just want to have my truck to be as safe as possible. I realize it can still be broken into but I want to do everything I can.
What all would you suggest putting on it to make it as good as it can?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
smart start with gps, glass sensor, tailgate pin, backup battery siren are the essentials.

i will be driving to texas for the raptor run in september. if you want someone, who has done several of these, to install it, and if you want to wait, we could plan for it.

OP
OP
R

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I'm for sure not letting anyone in town work on it after hearing that. You've got a good rep on here so I trust that your the man for it. R u talking about raptober/raptember fest? I was planning on going anyway

OP
OP
R

raptor1001

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ok, I'm gonna be there anyhow. Could you pm me a quote for how much it would be to get that system plus a glass sensor and tilt sensor and the remote start interface. This will be enough to set it off if someone gets into the bed right?

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
do you have a bed cover? or do you plan on storing stuff in a bed rack?

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

also, do you want the smart start with gps?