Aftermarket mods, will I recoup dollars spent?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DungysColts

Reaction score
When you mod your truck, you customize it to you and your liking. That decreases the value. When you go to resell it you need to find someone who has the same taste as you do to find the truck appealing enough to purchase it. It turns off everybody else. They think in their mind they have to undo everything that you did to swing in a different direction. And if they're not tasteful they think of what else did you do to the truck internally and in most cases they'll take a pass. That's why you'll never get your money back. When you buy a truck it's in a neutral state, return it back to that neutral place when you go to sell it or trade it in. I save all of my original parts and I put them back on when I go to get rid of a truck. And then just sell the mods after the fact to recoup

MRV99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha the only time mods increase the value is when a dealer marks up the truck to make you think the mods are value.

I stay away from modded anything. Cosmetic is ok but once you start showing signs of power mods then he’ll no. Never trust people who mod and beat the hell out of the vehicle.

You don’t mod a auto to a) think you will get your money back b) not use the performance gain

Last edited:

Vrrooom

Reaction score
Aftermarket mods is a lot like having a good bourbon. You research, spend money, and enjoy it. Once you’ve had it, it’s worthless on the other end. But hey, you enjoyed it. In fact, sometimes it makes things a lot worse, and you regret it the next day.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you add stuff, ensure that you let your insurance company know. They do not not have to replace all that stuff if it’s not insured.

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, you’ll get maybe 10%. If trading in, more like 0% of the money you dumped in. Selling privately, better chance of recouping it. I for one, will not touch a Mod’d vehicle because frankly I don’t trust it was done correctly. All of that is worth nothing to me, but to others, maybe so.

cdiddy4224

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've owned a ton of sports cars.

Mods don't help your case. It does not change here. With that being said, who is spending 10-20 thousand on a raptor?

You literally need the following:

Tune - $600
Intercooler - $500
Bumper - used, $1000-$1300, because buying a new bumper is dumb, its steel for Christ sakes
Wheels (same size wheels unless you want to go larger and then do not complain about gas mileage, thanks) $1000
Exhaust - SPD DPs, and your choice of noise bringers ( I run Corsa Xtreme, because I need them to hear me coming) $2000

$5000 give or take, and if you're really smart, you'll install it yourself, but if you have 30 BITCOIN, you wont install it yourself.

View attachment 349429
Curious where you're getting an IC for $500?