After wash getting Trailer Connected/Disconnected Alerts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got truck yesterday and got it to get washed today.

After wash getting these non stop alerts Trailer Connected & Trailer Disconnected .

Any ideas what’s causing it?

OP
OP
doba_s

doba_s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Acceleration I get “Trailer Connected” and when braking “Trailer Disconnected”

Seems like water moves and shorts something in some module.

SmokieRiver

Reaction score
Not on my Raptor, but my prior F150 Plat I got the same issue when towing in a massive downpour. Went away when everything dried out and did not come back.

I read somewhere thatit's a known issue with F150s - who knows if true - and once it dries out it goes away. I would either let it air dry or take a hair dryer to the connection at the bumper.

GutweinMCP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check the back of the connector to the plug sometimes they'll get jarred by a car wash and won't be fully seated or a good amount dielectric grease in the plugs always helps too.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
check the pcm. mine would get wet and my truck would go crazy. no pwer, a bunch of faults, etc. therr may be something getting wet, like mine, and causing some issues

Fisch2027

Reaction score
What happens with a different trailer? I tow one trailer and I have the problem rain or shine, no issues ever with the other trailer. Have not dug into figuring out cause yet.