advice on next steps for brand new broken raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Russ

Reaction score
hey all - would appreciate your thoughts on how best to proceed given my current situation:

I just bought a 2019 raptor a few weeks ago and I’m reasonably certain it has IWE issues - fairly regular grinding noises coming from the front end mostly alleviated by switching to 4h. I took it to the dealership last week w/ 750 miles and they confirmed they expected there was something going on w/ the IWE system and after having my truck in the shop for a week replaced some vacuum lines in an attempt to remedy. Unfortunately it didn’t work and they said they needed to order new hubs but, despite asking for an emergency shipment of the required parts said they wanted to hold onto the truck for ANOTHER 3 WEEKS while they waited for the parts to arrive. I told them I need my truck to get around and can’t be without it for 3 more weeks so they returned the truck to me on Friday- problem is still as bad or worse than before. They didn’t offer a loaner but I asked and the service advisor said he could try to ok it w/ a manager. At this point I’m thinking even if I got a loaner being without my truck for 3 more weeks is insane and I should call the GM or service manager to make things right or otherwise contact ford corporate (not sure how to do that)? CA has a lemon law and I’m pretty sure having a truck in the shop for a month with less than a thousand miles on it would be grounds to get the vehicle replaced?

c4sxm5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rental reimbursement would be included with your warranty repair. My local ca dealer always gives me a loaner if the car is staying over night or sets it up with the local enterprise at their cost.

I would drop it off and get a loaner or rental and hope they can’t fix it within 30 days so you can lemon it out.

Terp

Reaction score
Pretty sure you'll lose the lemon law battle on this one if you can still drive the vehicle in 4H until they get the parts. Probably need to consider going after them for a truck payment reimbursement at most. I'd also find a different dealer, mine has always given me a free loaner or rental car through Enterprise for warranty work.

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ask the dealer what part exactly are they waiting for....Those IWE's have been on the F150's for years and they do fail (usually when the vacuum system fails) and there is no reason any dealer can't find any....

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
hey all - would appreciate your thoughts on how best to proceed given my current situation:

I just bought a 2019 raptor a few weeks ago and I’m reasonably certain it has IWE issues - fairly regular grinding noises coming from the front end mostly alleviated by switching to 4h. I took it to the dealership last week w/ 750 miles and they confirmed they expected there was something going on w/ the IWE system and after having my truck in the shop for a week replaced some vacuum lines in an attempt to remedy. Unfortunately it didn’t work and they said they needed to order new hubs but, despite asking for an emergency shipment of the required parts said they wanted to hold onto the truck for ANOTHER 3 WEEKS while they waited for the parts to arrive. I told them I need my truck to get around and can’t be without it for 3 more weeks so they returned the truck to me on Friday- problem is still as bad or worse than before. They didn’t offer a loaner but I asked and the service advisor said he could try to ok it w/ a manager. At this point I’m thinking even if I got a loaner being without my truck for 3 more weeks is insane and I should call the GM or service manager to make things right or otherwise contact ford corporate (not sure how to do that)? CA has a lemon law and I’m pretty sure having a truck in the shop for a month with less than a thousand miles on it would be grounds to get the vehicle replaced?

You’re making it more than it needs to be. IWE’s always suck on Raptor and this won’t be the first time you replace them or hubs especially if you plan to off road it. Just make them pay for a rental and let them replace it. Otherwise new dealer.

OP
OP
R

Russ

Reaction score
Ask the dealer what part exactly are they waiting for....Those IWE's have been on the F150's for years and they do fail (usually when the vacuum system fails) and there is no reason any dealer can't find any....

They said the Hubs in particular. Was kind of interesting because the service advisor had never heard of the IWE issue before. I probably just need another dealership...

OP
OP
R

Russ

Reaction score
Lame. As mentioned, try a different dealership. Good luck man. What dealership are you currently dealing with?
Yeah I probably need to just go elsewhere. It’s Tuttle Click Capistrano in San Juan. Unfortunately they’re only a couple miles from my house so super convenient to visit.

Andrew72

Reaction score
Capistrano is a good deal if you don’t want to change your oil and get the works oil change and tire rotation for $50. Otherwise I wouldn’t take my truck there if I had any major problems. I haven’t had any bad experiences there but seen some people who have and south Orange County is definitely lower volume than up north dealerships.

I’ve looked around for a dealership I’d take my truck to if I had any major problems and Theodore Robbins Ford in Costa Mesa/Newport looks like a pretty legit dealership. 30 min farther away but probably worth it