advice on next steps for brand new broken raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rental reimbursement would be included with your warranty repair.

Sorry, but this is incorrect.

Ford Corporate, does not provide loaners for any warranty work. instead, it is up to the dealer to provide a loaner or not. Many dealers use this as a sales tool..."Buy your Ford from us, we will give you a loaner for service"....sadly, many just see it as a cut into profits and don't provide one.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Part of me says, it is just the front end. they will fix it and it will be fine when all is done. but a brand new truck is hard to not be without.

Read your states lemon laws. In my state, being our of service for 30 days constitutes a lemon claim. So in your case, i would be worried about driving a broken truck and leave it at the dealer to start adding up out of service dates.

that way, if the problem does come back, you already have leverage for a future lemon law buy back.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rental reimbursement would be included with your warranty repair. My local ca dealer always gives me a loaner if the car is staying over night or sets it up with the local enterprise at their cost.

I would drop it off and get a loaner or rental and hope they can’t fix it within 30 days so you can lemon it out.

Not necessarily. This would vary from dealer to dealer and the only time you're actually entitled to a loaner is if you purchased Ford's ESP which covers loaners/rentals. It was one of the key selling points for me which is why I purchased it. It came in pretty handy when my truck wouldn't start and needed a new PCM which took 5 weeks. Luckily for me this issue happened while my truck was at the dealer getting the front fender aligned properly. Once they finished that job up they weren't able to start the car any longer so it just stayed there for 5 weeks vs having to be towed. I had a rental the entire time. Had a plane jane F150 XLT initially. After a week of driving that, I complained that I brought them a 70K 4WD vehicle and what I have is far inferior. THey ended up putting me in a fully loaded 4WD Expedition for the remainder of the time.

Lemon law would absolutely be a waste of time here, even if you could do it. This is a simple fix, they just need the part. The Lemon Law process can take well over a year to complete. I would certainly make a case for getting a loaner, but beyond that it just makes more sense to wait for the truck to be fixed IMO

Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I have a 18 Raptor with major problems. Virginia lemon law states 3 attempted fixes and no results or 30 days in the shop. I’d let them keep it. Ford Corporate bought my truck back and have been super about it. Takes awhile like 6 weeks but it’s worth it compared to my truck being in the shop all the time. Start with Ford customer service and mention a buy back. They will Transfer you to any department to get it started. But I’d wait till your trucks been there for close to 30 days. Also ask the Serivice manager about Fords Buy back. That’s who got me started on it.

waveslayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Russ,

I have had nothing but a bad experience with the San Juan Tutle Click. They have had my truck multiple times for several weeks! They are the worse dealership I have dealt with , I can jog there . That's the only reason I take my truck there. They never follow up and can never get parts for crap. Blown front diff took over a month!!!!
Recall on engine block heater, 3 weeks and still no call back for the part. Even after they had my truck for a week... total BS. I hear the turle click in Irvine is much better according to RPG

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

Ryan Renne

Reaction score
That's funny I took my Raptor there for the same issue. They didn't know what it was and I found the fix on youtube. I bought the $8 pert from them and fixed it myself. I haven't had the issue since. I did end up with a major problem with the exhaust manifold. I took it to Ken Grody where I bought the truck they said the sound was the same issue I had already fixed. Finally, the dealership in Mi was able to tell me what was wrong and fixed the exhaust seal on both sides. Gave me a rental both times.

SKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Capistrano is a good deal if you don’t want to change your oil and get the works oil change and tire rotation for $50. Otherwise I wouldn’t take my truck there if I had any major problems. I haven’t had any bad experiences there but seen some people who have and south Orange County is definitely lower volume than up north dealerships.

I’ve looked around for a dealership I’d take my truck to if I had any major problems and Theodore Robbins Ford in Costa Mesa/Newport looks like a pretty legit dealership. 30 min farther away but probably worth it

I plan on taking my rig to Theodore Robins. I heard good and bad about TR. I tried Ken Groudy, but they had a 2 to 3 week wait until they could look at the truck. Heard good things about KG.

Last edited:

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was kind of interesting because the service advisor had never heard of the IWE issue before.

******* service writers!.....sorry but these stories get me mad, and I've had the same thing..:

Last truck a 2004 Titan, well known for rear end failures (spyder gears come un-assed, Nissan replaces the entire rear end) At 48K take to dealer because of rear end failure, I ask the service writer how many have they seen fail at that dealership...He firmly states this was the first one..and never heard about failures. He's writing everything up and I mull around the service writer office...happen to check out parts behind a gate and there on a pallet are 3 complete Titan rear ends put aside to go back to Nissan!
Sooo mad I called him on it right there...he goes stupid...

tltoronto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Simple fix, you can disengage the vaccum pump so the cv's and diff spin, but still be in 2wd setting. Done it with mine a while back while waiting for a part. the only drawback is a little worse fuel economy...