Advice on how to get a Raptor R in the future

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LBRaptor1

Reaction score
Was lucky the dealership wanted 50k over MSRP for the vehicle. But luckily we have a good relationship with our dealership since we buy multiple vehicles be personal or company. Since we have bought our personal vehicles there i.e. gt350r, two raptors, and couple other was able to get it for sticker. But the relationship with them has been over a 6 to 7 year period so definitely matters to have that.

Beastalo

Reaction score
If you want a Raptor with a V8.....buy a Gen1. Supercharge it. Save money. Gamble on the potential less horsepower from a gen1 supercharged then the GHOST-R that we hear of. Stick on iPad on the dash and call it a day.

ND-omni

Reaction score
I bought an antimatter 37 performance pack gen 3 - then had them write up that I get their allocation for the R and agreed to pay $20k over sticker for it. So that's one way.. lol

BambiKiller

The Stripper Hunter
Reaction score
I’m definitely planning on getting the R if/when Ford makes it.

Question for you guys who have experience with purchasing limited allocation vehicles in the past is, how do you plan on getting in line? Do you go to the dealer now and leave them your info and tell them you’re interested in buying a truck that doesn’t even exist yet?

Or do we need to wait until Ford opens the reservations online? Bronco comes to mind…

So, what say you gentlemen?
How good are you with your mouth…..

kickingaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Establish a good reputation with your local preferred dealer. They respect loyalty. Having a home base dealer who you buy a few cars from, get all of your service done there, and most importantly send them referrals and leads on people needing to purchase. This goes a long way towards establishing your status with them. Work them constantly on the fact that your long term goal is buying an R. Basically the more biz you throw their way ups your value to them. The better you treat them and your attitude with them you will end up with an R.
I have to agree with this. I have a preferred Jeep dealer that I bought quite a few cars from and when I inquired about a new TRX they said they would order it for me at invoice.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought an antimatter 37 performance pack gen 3 - then had them write up that I get their allocation for the R and agreed to pay $20k over sticker for it. So that's one way.. lol
I could see you being an actual Raptor R owner with this post. This is the best route for the common buyer

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to agree with this. I have a preferred Jeep dealer that I bought quite a few cars from and when I inquired about a new TRX they said they would order it for me at invoice.
Jeep/ram is completely different than Ford . You could buy 10 vehicles from Ford and I am willing to bet my monthly salary that holds no weight when buying a vehicle such as the Raptor R. There is a reason dodge/ram has dollar per HP sales and Ford still sales GT500/GT350 at MSRP ….. you may thing they are equal but there are not. Ford has a much higher market value than Dodge/Ram and the dealer knows it