ADD Race Series R front bumper install help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
You need the cam washers it helps with the alignment and keeps the bolts from spinning. You won't use all the bolts for the LCA. I can get you some directions on Monday.

Also you do need to drill the third hold.

Please post directions publicly for others to see. Thanks.

Reaction score
Install Instructions

Guys we are working on having the instructions re written so they are clear and will also have an install video for this bumper. Didnt forget about you.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Jake,

Thank you for that but it only touches on the cam kit. I might suggest adding more details on the LCA bolts into the instructions.

Does the truck need to be completely off the ground? What's the purpose of replacing the rear LCA bolts?

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jake,

Thank you for that but it only touches on the cam kit. I might suggest adding more details on the LCA bolts into the instructions.

Does the truck need to be completely off the ground? What's the purpose of replacing the rear LCA bolts?

Okay, so I had the same questions. I went over to the suspension board and started reading this thread: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f9/your-raptor-its-alignment-539/. On the first page it talks about the cam kit. It appears that it helps with making more precise adjustments during aligning and also helps in holding the alignment. That's my understanding.

I'm still using the stock hardware. I had an alignment done after installing the bumper. Had to go back after a week because it was off. Might not have had the LCA bolts torqued enough. But the alignment is alright for now. I think I'll switch to the ADD provided hardware down the line.

Reaction score
Jake,

Here are some more pictures. The cam and bolt kit are upgraded from the stock hardware to help keep it from moving. That's why we send it. It should be tightened from the LCA side.

We recommend getting the truck aligned after installation.

The front truck should be off the ground to release the pressure on the LCA.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412782519444.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412782519444.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 67
  • uploadfromtaptalk1412782534099.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412782534099.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 50
  • uploadfromtaptalk1412782543743.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412782543743.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 59

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks jake. When you say it should be tightened from the lca side, do you mean the inboard side of the lca?

I guess I should say, spin the bolt head not the nut?

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Jake. I need an alignment anyway. Maybe I'll Put everything on properly before I do that.