ADD Race Series R front bumper install help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the new front Addictive Desert Designs race series R front bumper. There are No directions on the ADD website duh! Its pretty straight forward other than connecting to the lower control arm.

***SEE MY POST ON PG 4 FOR ANSWERS AND INSTRUCTIONS.

thanks
Dan

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It straightforward. How it looks is how it goes. I had to call add because they included alignment cams which I know nothing about. Ended up not installing them. When I take it off to line x I'll reinstall with them on.

Call and verify but if I recall, the long bolts were for the front lca mount and the shorter for the back. I used the factory bolt for now.

I will say I wish there had been some documentation for installation. Didn't find out I'd need an alignment until after I asked ADD about all the bolts.

OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It straightforward. How it looks is how it goes. I had to call add because they included alignment cams which I know nothing about. Ended up not installing them. When I take it off to line x I'll reinstall with them on.

Call and verify but if I recall, the long bolts were for the front lca mount and the shorter for the back. I used the factory bolt for now.

I will say I wish there had been some documentation for installation. Didn't find out I'd need an alignment until after I asked ADD about all the bolts.

Yeah, I don't know what the cam washers are for really, and why is there even a replacement LCA rear bolt?

Anyone know if the LCA bolt can be pulled and replaced with the longer one with the truck on the ground? … without the LCA moving?

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know what the cam washers are for really, and why is there even a replacement LCA rear bolt?

Anyone know if the LCA bolt can be pulled and replaced with the longer one with the truck on the ground? … without the LCA moving?

Not sure about the rear bolt. My guess was a better quality. I was just going to call them when I finally get line x on it. Which might be never. lol.

I was also worried about pulling the bolt and getting the new one in. At a minimum you'd probably have to take the weight off the lca. Removing the wheel might help too.

OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure about the rear bolt. My guess was a better quality. I was just going to call them when I finally get line x on it. Which might be never. lol.

I was also worried about pulling the bolt and getting the new one in. At a minimum you'd probably have to take the weight off the lca. Removing the wheel might help too.

I will probably just take it into the shop, because you can't really mark the spot to drill the extra mounting hole in the frame horn properly unless you take off the LCA nut and back out the bolt so that the lower bumper mount fits flush against the frame.

The cam washers seem useless since, and I don't see any reason for the rear LCA bolt replacements ? Cant believe they don't have directions or explanations.

Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will probably just take it into the shop, because you can't really mark the spot to drill on the frame horn properly unless you take off the LCA nut and back out the bolt so that the lower bumper mount fits flush against the frame.

The cam washers seem useless, and I don't see any reason for the rear bolt replacements ? Cant believe they don't have directions or explanations.

I was supposed to drill a hole for something? Lol. Shit.

Maybe ADD can chime in. @Addictive Desert Designs

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat. I think I used the LCA factory bolt. They really need to create in installation guide. It's not that difficult to do, but not having any explanation about the hardware sent just creates confusion. I do love the bumper. I just wish the factory tow hooks stuck out a little further. I don't think a shackle can fit through the opening on them now.

Attachments

• IMG_1068.jpg
    IMG_1068.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 221
OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was supposed to drill a hole for something? Lol. Shit.

Maybe ADD can chime in. @Addictive Desert Designs

LOL … well you drill a 3rd hole in each frame horn for the other bumpers but who the hell knows with this one HA!

---------- Post added at 05:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

I was in the same boat. I think I used the LCA factory bolt. They really need to create in installation guide. It's not that difficult to do, but not having any explanation about the hardware sent just creates confusion. I do love the bumper. I just wish the factory tow hooks stuck out a little further. I don't think a shackle can fit through the opening on them now.

Hmmm yeah not knowing why they sent cam washers and the rear LCA bolts is confusing.

BTW Looks super sweet! i went with the same setup but with a 20" lower light bar and no winch.

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost opted for no winch. But I already had a 40" in the grill. And ADD had the winch on in stock when I called to order. Had it delivered within a week. Here's a shot with the lights on prior to the hood graphic being installed.

Attachments

• IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 130