ADD Race Series R front bumper install help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sandtrooper29

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So got my bumper in today and I'm lost..... It doesn't look like it should be that hard. My hardware kit doesn't match the instructions. Any one have a video or pics? PS Bumper looks awesome!!!!! Can't wait to get it on!
If you still need help. Feel free to give me a call

806-470-3093

Jeriami

Reaction score
So got my bumper in today and I'm lost..... It doesn't look like it should be that hard. My hardware kit doesn't match the instructions. Any one have a video or pics?
PS Bumper looks awesome!!!!! Can't wait to get it on!
Call the office Monday sorry I didnt see this until now. What seems to be missing in the hardware?

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you still need help. Feel free to give me a call

806-470-3093

Jeriami

Call the office Monday sorry I didnt see this until now. What seems to be missing in the hardware?

Thanks guys! I'm more of a visual person. Now that I have taken a look at my bumper and Raptor in daylight I am pretty sure I figured it out. What was throwing me off last night was the install kit didn't match the instructions. I recieved:
4 approx 6" long bolts + nuts/washers (I figured out this is the cam kit)
6 1.5" bolts + nuts/washer (will I need 2 more bolts and 10 more washers?)
2 metal brakets (I had no idea what these were. I figured out they were the front bumper support valance this morning after reading this thread and seeing a seperate set of instructions on the ADD page.)

Instructions list:
Hardware Included:
a. 8 – ½” x 1 ½” Bolts (recieved 6)
b. 8 – ½” Nuts (Recieved 6)
c. 16 – ½” Flat washers (recieved 6)
d. Alignment cam kit included

So my question is should my bumper be installed with 6 1.5" bolts or 8?
If I install it with 6 I will only need to drill out 2 holes. If I do it with 8 I will need 2 more bolts and drill 4 holes.
Also, one questions for guys that installed rigid SR-MF amber lights in the side panels. Did you just tap into the fender marker lights to run them? Seems to make sense to do this. Any issues with doing this?
Build quality is excellent. Everyone that has seen it so far has been impressed.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I'm more of a visual person. Now that I have taken a look at my bumper and Raptor in daylight I am pretty sure I figured it out. What was throwing me off last night was the install kit didn't match the instructions. I recieved:
4 approx 6" long bolts + nuts/washers (I figured out this is the cam kit)
6 1.5" bolts + nuts/washer (will I need 2 more bolts and 10 more washers?)
2 metal brakets (I had no idea what these were. I figured out they were the front bumper support valance this morning after reading this thread and seeing a seperate set of instructions on the ADD page.)

Instructions list:
Hardware Included:
a. 8 – ½” x 1 ½” Bolts (recieved 6)
b. 8 – ½” Nuts (Recieved 6)
c. 16 – ½” Flat washers (recieved 6)
d. Alignment cam kit included

So my question is should my bumper be installed with 6 1.5" bolts or 8?
If I install it with 6 I will only need to drill out 2 holes. If I do it with 8 I will need 2 more bolts and drill 4 holes.
Also, one questions for guys that installed rigid SR-MF amber lights in the side panels. Did you just tap into the fender marker lights to run them? Seems to make sense to do this. Any issues with doing this?
Build quality is excellent. Everyone that has seen it so far has been impressed.
6 bolts should be plenty on that bumper. Glad you found the other threads and info on the valance supports and cam bolts!

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in the same boat. I think I used the LCA factory bolt. They really need to create in installation guide. It's not that difficult to do, but not having any explanation about the hardware sent just creates confusion. I do love the bumper. I just wish the factory tow hooks stuck out a little further. I don't think a shackle can fit through the opening on them now.

Sorry to bring up such an old thread.. but what fairlead did you use? I have the same bumper but no fairlead fits.

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to bring up such an old thread.. but what fairlead did you use? I have the same bumper but no fairlead fits.
IIRC, I used the fairlead that came with my winch, a Smittybilt X20.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

SVTTrooper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IIRC, I used the fairlead that came with my winch, a Smittybilt X20.

Ok thanks! I just bought the same bumper and winch.. but the fairlead from smitty has the raised profile. Which doesn't fit in the opening.

The Warren and factor fairleads don't fit either lol.

I'll order the one you have and see if it fits

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok thanks! I just bought the same bumper and winch.. but the fairlead from smitty has the raised profile. Which doesn't fit in the opening.

The Warren and factor fairleads don't fit either lol.

I'll order the one you have and see if it fits
Yeah, mine barely fits in the opening. 27c474dff26776f5c4d82639f24ffe69.jpg337b72ba7659aca8cc474dbc17ccc63f.jpg7fa6d0acea1ab447f944c849034a99d8.jpg