ADD Race Series R front bumper install help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some more pictures. The cam and bolt kit are upgraded from the stock hardware to help keep it from moving. That's why we send it. It should be tightened from the LCA side.

We recommend getting the truck aligned after installation.

The front truck should be off the ground to release the pressure on the LCA.

Thanks. I highly recommend you add this to the instructions.

OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that mine is all mounted I can probably clear some things up.

-ADD sends front and rear LCA bolts and cam washers. You ONLY need to replace the front bolts which are longer than stock to accommodate the bumper mount.

-They send cam washers for all of the bolts. The cam washers are supposed to aid in alignment. The ONLY cam washers that might help with alignment are the 2 that fit into the bumper mount and are bracketed. This cam washer doesnt help that much with Camber alignment since it only moves the front side of the front LCA bolt.

- TIGHTEN THE LCA BOLT FROM THE BACK OF THE FRONT LCA BOLT. IF YOU TIGHTEN FROM THE FRONT (NUT) SIDE WITH AN IMPACT WRENCH THE CAM WASHER WILL SPIN AND STRIP OUT.

-The other cam washers only act as washers.

-You must be able to lift the truck off the ground to release the weight from the LCA bolts. As soon as you pull the bolt the LCA will drop a little, and you need the wheel off the ground to move the LCA to get the new bolt in. HINT - its easier with the wheel and tire off.

-You MUST align the truck after releasing the LCA bolts. The camber will be off.

- We mounted the bumper and got it all all centered and tightened, then we drilled the 3rd frame horn holes with a small bit from the front, and then with the 1/2 bit from the back. NO NEED TO TAKE THE BUMPER BACK OFF.

- ADD only sent me enough washers for the nut side of the frame horn mounting bolts. YOU NEED WASHERS ON THE BOLT HEAD SIDE AND THE NUT SIDE. IF YOU DONT YOU WILL PULL THE BOLT HEAD INTO THE OVAL MOUNT HOLE AND THE BOLT WILL BE CROOKED.

BTW the bumper fit perfectly!! good jig ADD :)

Hope that all helps - here it is :)

Attachments

• Lotta Lights.jpg
    Lotta Lights.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

Orionkhan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that mine is all mounted I can probably clear some things up.

-ADD sends front and rear LCA bolts and cam washers. You ONLY need to replace the front bolts which are longer than stock to accommodate the bumper mount.

-They send cam washers for all of the bolts. The cam washers are supposed to aid in alignment. The ONLY cam washers that might help with alignment are the 2 that fit into the bumper mount and are bracketed. This cam washer doesnt help that much with Camber alignment since it only moves the front side of the front LCA bolt.

- TIGHTEN THE LCA BOLT FROM THE BACK OF THE FRONT LCA BOLT. IF YOU TIGHTEN FROM THE FRONT (NUT) SIDE WITH AN IMPACT WRENCH THE CAM WASHER WILL SPIN AND STRIP OUT.

-The other cam washers only act as washers.

-You must be able to lift the truck off the ground to release the weight from the LCA bolts. As soon as you pull the bolt the LCA will drop a little, and you need the wheel off the ground to move the LCA to get the new bolt in. HINT - its easier with the wheel and tire off.

-You MUST align the truck after releasing the LCA bolts. The camber will be off.

- We mounted the bumper and got it all all centered and tightened, then we drilled the 3rd frame horn holes with a small bit from the front, and then with the 1/2 bit from the back. NO NEED TO TAKE THE BUMPER BACK OFF.

- ADD only sent me enough washers for the nut side of the frame horn mounting bolts. YOU NEED WASHERS ON THE BOLT HEAD SIDE AND THE NUT SIDE. IF YOU DONT YOU WILL PULL THE BOLT HEAD INTO THE OVAL MOUNT HOLE AND THE BOLT WILL BE CROOKED.

BTW the bumper fit perfectly!! good jig ADD :)

Hope that all helps - here it is :)

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. I ended up re-using the stock bolts. I will reiterate that you will need an alignment after. I can see how the new hardware would help with aligning. But I'm not going to swap them out now and go get another alignment just for the sake of swapping the bolts.

Looks great!

OP
OP
PCDan

PCDan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This might also help the next guy installing an ADD rear bumper before he blows his brains out …

Because the rear bumper metal is thicker than stock, the backup sensors won't install correctly without cutting the sensor housing clips shorter so that they can spring open when the housing is fitted into the bumper. If you don't do this the housing piece will fit into the bumper, but the locking clips won't be able to spring open, and the sensors will not be able to slide all the way in. Not sure if that made any sense … it will to someone trying to figure out why the damn things won't click into place lol.

FYI this is on the Venom rear bumper - I started a new post … not sure how to delete this one.

Attachments

• IMG_2468.jpg
    IMG_2468.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2469.jpg
    IMG_2469.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2470.jpg
    IMG_2470.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2471.jpg
    IMG_2471.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A flat piece of metal came with this, about 1.5" wide and maybe a foot long, and it's angled. What's it for?

I also realized today that my bumper isn't angled, my lower valance is sagging. Noticed some front end pics with no gap between the grill and the lower valance so I pulled mine up and it looks right. Gonna have to fabricate something to support it.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A flat piece of metal came with this, about 1.5" wide and maybe a foot long, and it's angled. What's it for?

I also realized today that my bumper isn't angled, my lower valance is sagging. Noticed some front end pics with no gap between the grill and the lower valance so I pulled mine up and it looks right. Gonna have to fabricate something to support it.

There should be 2 of those metal brackets. They attach to the hood release and the bumper bolts, supporting the lower valance.

Rookie

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There should be 2 of those metal brackets. They attach to the hood release and the bumper bolts, supporting the lower valance.

Lmao. You know, I even thought to myself, I wonder if those attach to the lower valance somehow. I might have two, I'll have to double check but I thought I only had one.

Backinblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao. You know, I even thought to myself, I wonder if those attach to the lower valance somehow. I might have two, I'll have to double check but I thought I only had one.

I only found out because I phoned ADD to find out what the hell they were for. If you hold them in place, it's sorta obvious how they fit.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So got my bumper in today and I'm lost..... It doesn't look like it should be that hard. My hardware kit doesn't match the instructions. Any one have a video or pics?
PS Bumper looks awesome!!!!! Can't wait to get it on!