add on gauges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to install a boost gauge and fuel pressure in my 2012 Raptor. I am trying to find something that would resemble the factory gauges plus also looking to keep the installation somewhat factory looking if possible. With AutoMeter you can customize gauges which actually I could get close on the boost gauge, but they don't have that option on the fuel pressure gauge. It looks like the AutoMeter Z series is the closest thing I can come up with to the factory Ford gauges. So I have two main questions. Has anyone found anything better than this to use, and if so, can you give me information and/or pictures? Second would be where to install. I know Roush has vent inserts, which could work. Would like something that would go possibly above the radio, or maybe built into that dash top tray which would hold 2 to 3 gauges. I can't seem to locate anything the newer trucks like this. Has anyone found anything? My other thought would be to fabricate something, which is also an option. Any help is greatly appreciated.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Check Rousch. I know they have mounts where u can put them in the air vents which is cool

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

EFTOBIAS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check Rousch. I know they have mounts where u can put them in the air vents which is cool

If you read his post, he said he knows about those.

To OP, it might require basic fabrication, especially if you don't want to go with A-pillars. I'm sure someone could make a mount for down by the AUX Switches.

NickPic83

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you read his post, he said he knows about those.

To OP, it might require basic fabrication, especially if you don't want to go with A-pillars. I'm sure someone could make a mount for down by the AUX Switches.

I think he edited his post. If not sorry to the OP. just trying to help eftobias.........

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've found that a volt meter is an exceptionally useful gauge, but the interior design of the Raptor makes placement of even a single gauge a challenge. I'm very interested in what comes from this thread.

OP
OP
SVT_4X4

SVT_4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope I did not edit the information I had. I have been looking a ton for the past few weeks. On one of the other Raptor forum sites, someone custom remade the center stack top area to install gauges there. I have not seen anyone who makes a A pillar unit for these, plus I have a speaker in mine. I was thinking could work something into that upper dash tray they have, but do also have a speaker in there, but still think something could be done in the front area. I might not have many options at the moment except to install in the vent area. I am just so surprised that no company has found a viable solution for these newer F150 trucks and Raptors.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
These would look badass, and the vent is still useable
medium_MustangVentPod%20copy.jpg

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think those vent mounts won't let you point or close off the vents. If true, it represents reduced function.