91 tune to a 93 tune using octane booster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raptor360tim

Reaction score
Hope I posted this in the right thread lol. But anyways I run 91 octane fuel on my 91 tune. I am looking to use a 93 tune by using octane booster since Cali only has 91 octane fuel in my area. Does anyone have experiences using octane booster? TA!

smgilles

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope I posted this in the right thread lol. But anyways I run 91 octane fuel on my 91 tune. I am looking to use a 93 tune by using octane booster since Cali only has 91 octane fuel in my area. Does anyone have experiences using octane booster? TA!
I am not sure the "bang" is worth the buck as you are only going to get a slight bump in power but pay a heavy price for octane booster. I was only able to get 91 octane as well in the upper midwest, but lots of access to E85. If you are looking for more hp/tq I'd recommend an e50 tune (@GooseTuned) and if you don't want to miss with mixing fuels at the pump or you can switch out the HPFP and run E85 all the time (it's what I do in the warmer months) and back to 91 in the winter months.

Last edited:

GooseTuned

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Octane booster is ok every now and then. Some/most will foul plugs and O2 sensors. Boostane is great. VP Racing makes a couple of different types. Also, racegas.com has some too. But I wouldn't run them every tank forever.

TwizzleStix

Pudendum Inspector aka FORZDA 1
Reaction score
Yeah, I like the Boostane Professional as it works reasonably well, but as Goose said, do not run it often. It is a mosh-mash of chemicals and does bad things to the fuel system & plugs.

I strongly recommend an E50 tune, or even E30, that you can run all the time and actually keep things cleaner and running better than straight gasoline of any octane/brand. Ethanol will definitely make more power than the Boostane. I’ve run it and compared it to E50 and it’s much less effective. I had to turn the timing way down from E50 to run it at best power without a lot of knock events.