8.22.22 Build Date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer is getting price protection no matter what as long as it was a customer order, not a stock order.

Just a question if they decide to bend you over or not. Given they're dealers, guess which is more likely...

The 22 to 23 'roll over' isn't any sort of roll over at all, it's just a new order, so yeah, you'd be out in that situation.

If you did financing back then, you'd be protected on the financing rates too, which would be a big win.

RaptorWizard

Reaction score
I online chatted with Ford Performance and they said my truck is still at Dearborn waiting to be shipped. I guess the move to "shipped" status on the tracker put me in line to get shipped. The order tracker app site says "in transit" with 771 similar vehicles.

OP
OP
jroub

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel like this will be handy.
The user that posted this (assuming it’s the same user on bronco6g forums) is the owner of Granger motors in Iowa so it seems legit. I have my bronco ordered through them.

Link below for ref but I pasted his quote and attached the same brochure as well. I hate that it says 2016 Explorer on top…

https://www.f150forum.com/f2/price-protection-new-vehicle-orders-521171/

Price Protection - New Vehicle orders

There's been some questions on new Vehicle price protection, with the delay on vehicles because of microchips and an increase in retail ordered vehicles because of the lack of dealer supply this has become a bigger issue.

I did some research on this and have a definitive answer on Ford's price protection policy.

Example:
Customer Orders a Lariat with $73,000 MSRP and agreed to selling price of $73,000 on 1/01/22.
Ford implements price increase on 02/15/22.
Dealer is invoiced for Lariat on 03/01/22 with a $75,000 MSRP.
Customer takes delivery on 03/31/22 with the $73,000 agreed to price.
Ford reimburses the selling dealership with an adjustment invoice on 05/15/22 automatically for price difference as long as it is sold to the customer who it was ordered for.

I have seen this happen a handful of times, but wasn't aware 100% of the process. This is done automatically and at the dealership level is something that isn't communicated all that well. I had to do some digging to find this policy. But if you have an agreed to price with your selling dealership on a retail order, they should honor that price. (I will say, that most dealerships will probably not be aware of this policy, I wasn't). Then Ford after processing the transaction and verifying that it was delivered to the customer who the car was ordered for will then send an adjustment invoice to the dealership reimbursing them for the price difference.

I have attached the Price protection policy here for your reference if your dealership isn't aware of the policy. The good news is that this is automatic and the dealership won't need to jump through any hoops to get it. The bad news is that most Ford's dealerships probably aren't aware. So don't think that they are crooks if they try to charge you the adjusted price, they most likely just aren't aware of the program. Just present this price protection flyer I have attached and I believe most store's will honor the price for you.

Again, the dealer has received an invoice for the full price. I'm sure most sales manager's are under the assumption their pricing has raised so they will pass it along and aren't aware of this program.

Hope that helps.

Attachments

• 3496D443-D75B-414F-AAF8-1F90B55DA07A.png
    3496D443-D75B-414F-AAF8-1F90B55DA07A.png
    123.4 KB · Views: 10
  • AA42C8BC-FD8A-4948-9F9D-C6D973E5F347.png
    AA42C8BC-FD8A-4948-9F9D-C6D973E5F347.png
    345.3 KB · Views: 10

rfc805

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, I'd bet you ADM-level money they're 100% aware. It's just a nice way for them to pick up an extra $6k on you.

jparkithere

Reaction score
Oh, I'd bet you ADM-level money they're 100% aware. It's just a nice way for them to pick up an extra $6k on you.
I always wondered if there would be a way to report this to corporate and prevent them from sending a difference back to the dealer as it was not sold at the protected price. Small victory maybe?

Last edited:
OP
OP
jroub

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always wondered if there would be a way to report this to corporate and prevent them from sending a difference back to the dealer as it was not sold at the protected price. Small victory maybe?

I guarantee several of these dealers pocket the diff in invoice when it’s sold to the original order holder. Buyer is non the wiser.

jparkithere

Reaction score
Not that we didn't know but wow a 7 Billion loss...

1663778088253.png

Hopefully this last statement holds true... 45,000 vehicles sounds like a lot of make up though.

1663778162184.png

deucedevil

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FP told me yesterday I'm being held for undisclosed reason and they have no update other than ship date is currently slated 9/26-10/2 but dealer still claims he seeing 11/3 on this end.