8.22.22 Build Date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSI2022

Reaction score
I am beginning to evaluate when to throw in the towel on this ordeal. I run a pretty decent sized equipment company and I must say, we have struggled mightily to get the inventory customers need. However, our manufacturers keep us posted every week on ETAs and exactly what issues the production lines are experiencing. This info is quickly shared with our customers. Pricing is set during the order and no one has to worry about price protection. Most of our equipment is at least one year out from order date.
I am very concerned that my Ford order that was placed and accepted by Ford in early Nov 2021 as an EARLY order by Ford will be a year old model by the time it arrives at the dealer for the PDI. Year models absolutely affect resale value. Unless you plan on driving your vehicle until the tires fall off, year model and mileage are the heavy influencers to residual value. I am very disappointed with Ford. I do however appreciate reading everyone’s views and knowledge on this forum. Good luck to you all and I promise to let you know if mine becomes available…..if it ever comes.

munch520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m fine getting a 2022 late in the year, provided my price protection on my Jan 2022 order stands.

OP
OP
jroub

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Price Protection. I ordered Oct 22,2021, dealer (a friend) says he’ll stick to msrp. Good great grand, but I want to hold their feet to the fire and get the price I ordered at back in October. Nearly 5k difference from current msrp of the sticker.

So when this comes in a few weeks, month(s)…

Are any of you in this boat and how are you going to argue for the price protection?

Just going to show these 2 pieces of Ford literature?

Attachments

• Ford_EFC09823 Mid-Year Pricing Effective 2022-02-15_2022-02-10.pdf
    93.1 KB · Views: 10
  • AE17A8B0-84EB-4D36-9A39-90B4DAF2D240.jpeg
    AE17A8B0-84EB-4D36-9A39-90B4DAF2D240.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 14

bgfx

Reaction score
Speaking of Price Protection. I ordered Oct 22,2021, dealer (a friend) says he’ll stick to msrp. Good great grand, but I want to hold their feet to the fire and get the price I ordered at back in October. Nearly 5k difference from current msrp of the sticker.

Are any of you in this boat and how are you going to argue for the price protection?

I will be in the same boat, pretty sure even with proof it will be a battle. There are just way too many stupid people with a lot of credit willing to do anything for this truck. Hoping my dealer stays honest but wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t.

jparkithere

Reaction score

Do you know where did the second image came from? I have seen something similar floating around but the closest thing I found to that document has 2016 Ford Explorer at the top.

Viewsflores

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Good luck, I already tried before my truck gets here but no. They tried telling me raptors don’t get price protection and that I’m already getting a good deal at “msrp” and they tried threat me with selling it for 10k over sticker,

OP
OP
jroub

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be in the same boat, pretty sure even with proof it will be a battle. There are just way too many stupid people with a lot of credit willing to do anything for this truck. Hoping my dealer stays honest but wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t.

Same. I don’t need the truck and this is more money then I spent on my house. Seriously no joke. So I may just walk. Thought about just taking it and flipping it right away. But not really to eager to go through all the work for maybe 2-4K profit.

OP
OP
jroub

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know where did the second image came from? I have seen something similar floating around but the closest thing I found to that document has 2016 Ford Explorer at the top.

That was from the forum here around May or June. A build group had been talking about the same thing and so I had saved it. I tried finding it online as well as trying to get something directly from Ford, nothing.

OP
OP
jroub

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck, I already tried before my truck gets here but no. They tried telling me raptors don’t get price protection and that I’m already getting a good deal at “msrp” and they tried threat me with selling it for 10k over sticker,

YES. That’s the same shit they mentioned to me. F’ers.
I thought I read that anyone who ordered in 21 and rolled over from a 22 to a 23 are not price protected.

OP
OP
jroub

jroub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m confident that several late spring, early summer deliveries, guys were saying their dealers honored the price they ordered at. Even so far as getting the blue cruise rebate tacked onto it as well.