60's Bronco+ ???? = potential awesomeness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cool pics. Looks like some quality work.

Any pics of the finished Bronco? Got any details on the powerplant, transmission, axles, etc?

(2nd link didn't work)

OP
OP
The Tank

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now that I am home and on my laptop I can reply to this. It's such a PITA to do a long or multi-quote reply from my phone.
Soft/no top will mean the Bronco has the rigidity of al dente pasta :)

Would you build a Bronco to be a Raptor-wannabe or a rock crawler?
Rigidity can be added as shown in AII Racing's reply. Living on the East cost gets me a different outlook on the Raptor then the CA/AZ/NV Raptor owners. I think what Ford tried to build and the finished product(production Raptor) are very similar and yet completely different. The compromises Ford made to make the Raptor street/DD friendly took it from a very bad ass pre-runner Baja type truck to a very bad ass general and highly capable offroad truck. So to say are you going to build a Raptor wanna-be or Rock crawler to me is nothing because it's the same truck now the flip side is I'm not going to build something that runs on propane and has a gear ratio in the area of stupid high.
The one thing we should know from the multiple posts on the sway bars and insurance issues is that the perfect vehicle for most of us would have swaybar disconnects like the Rubicon. I mean how cool would this be?

98417-md.jpg
http://www.quadratec.com/products/52446_112.htm

MOPAR® Performance OEM Rubicon Edition Sway Bar Disconnect

For 07-11 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK

Quadratec Part No: 52446.112
Manufacturer Part No: 82210218
$1369.99

Add the Rubicon Edition Swaybar Disconnect feature to your X or Sahara model Wrangler JK. All that's required is an OE Switch Pod depending on your application.
I feel that not having a swaybar disconnect system like the Rubicon or Power Wagon is one of the very few places that Ford dropped the ball on this truck.
very cool
Cool pics. Looks like some quality work.

Any pics of the finished Bronco? Got any details on the powerplant, transmission, axles, etc?

(2nd link didn't work)
yes this

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rigidity can be added as shown in AII Racing's reply. Living on the East cost gets me a different outlook on the Raptor then the CA/AZ/NV Raptor owners. The compromises Ford made to make the Raptor street/DD friendly took it from a very bad ass pre-runner Baja type truck to a very bad ass general and highly capable offroad truck. So to say are you going to build a Raptor wanna-be or Rock crawler to me is nothing because it's the same truck

* Yes, my point was the Bronco needs stiffening and it can be done and is often done by owners.

* I understand your point and agree with it with the exception of approach and departure angles of the Raptor. Due to the rather long front and rear overhangs of the F-150, the Raptor is limited in that regard (and the breakover due to the long wheelbase. Of course its width can be a problem too when offroading (not running in wide open areas like washes, dunes, etc.).

And none of those are problems with a truck with the dimensions of the Bronco which is why I sitll hold out hope (even if it's probably not going to happen) that Ford will build a new Bronco to compete with Jeeps.

The Bronco AIIRacing posted looks to me to be a desert runner but certainly could be capable of most offroading.

I look forward to seeing your build-up of your Bronco.