6.2 rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
6.2L engines only have Single Over-Head Cams. (OHC)

Go to: http://www.fordparts.com/?searchid=...82159&ef_id=Vcz2CwAAAJu0fDMY:20150816014543:s

Register if you haven't already!!!
Type your vin# and go to the Engine Assembly section.

You will be getting this assembly most likely: Part Number: AL3Z-6006-DRM
But if not it will be this one: AL3Z-6006-C

If you have the Extended Warranty and have years of coverage left they will or should I say should give you a new engine.
Which doesn't really matter, Ford factory rebuilds are just as good as new.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update

So here is an update for anyone who may be interested. Claim is still ongoing but after 3 months got my truck back. Long story short make sure you pick a quality shop to do repairs. Anyway at this point we have a new 6.2 motor, trans with 20,000 miles, new bcm, new amps for radio, new guage cluster, flushed differentials, flushed transfer case, and a huge number of hours invested in disassembly cleaning and reassembly with dialectic grease. Total cost of repairs at this point... $20,000. Still have minor body work to complete, heated seat repair, and TPMS fault. This is just a taste of everything that has been done. Will post final lists of everything when claim is finalized. Basically this truck has been disassembled and rebuilt, with a huge list of replacement parts along the way, at a local Ford dealership in the last 30 days. Insurance company clearly should have done a total loss but here we are. Truck is currently running great and all work is covered not only by the claim but also by ford warranties due to all parts being Ford OEM. Still bave 30,000 miles on powertrain warranty as well. Yes, this is now a flood vehicle, but I am honestly very confident in the repairs and warranty coverages. So there it is. Let the break in burnouts commence.

Darb

Reaction score
It sucks that the insurance company was too ignorant to write it off.

OP
OP
mmaterni

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sucks that the insurance company was too ignorant to write it off.
While we all agree this should have been a total loss they are paying out big time to make sure this is handled appropriately. They could have gone a different way with this whole thing and made things really difficult. Honestly I hope that if anyone finds themselves in a similar situation they have as good an insurer as I do.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:37 PM ----------

At least you got your truck back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah super excited to have Blue back. Put 400 miles on today to complete my break in period.