6.2 Blown Motor????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's see if this works.....

viva.jpg

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:28 PM ----------

viva2.jpg

Can you guys/gals see those???

Sounds like the job went warranty after reading that. Don't even know why they would send a field engineer, they told the tech to replace long block, injectors, and intake manifold (intake manifold replacement is standard procedure for total loss engine replacement). Unless the tech finds some more evidence (like rogue material markings on the piston/combustion chamber), that thing is warranty according to hotline, i.e., a sublet company of fomoco lol.

Maxx2893

Rock and Roll Offroad
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a single CAI without the lower section of the air box for these trucks so if the truck took on water they would be water in the air box CAI or complete stock air box. The amount of water might be different but it would still be there. I would be more concern with why number 7 failed nothing else has damage. Also rental is part of Fords new car warranty all he has to do is ask for it. Most service writers won't offer it.

The volant replaces the lower box and coolant resivoir

Reaction score
I just had mine do something very similar and its being torn down right now just to see what all it messed up. So far I have a bent spark plug, messed up heads, hole in #1 piston and some gouging in the walls. Unfortunately mine was procharged so no warranty for me.

OP
OP
Raptorguy21

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
I just had mine do something very similar and its being torn down right now just to see what all it messed up. So far I have a bent spark plug, messed up heads, hole in #1 piston and some gouging in the walls. Unfortunately mine was procharged so no warranty for me.

Pictures!!!!

Reaction score
unfortunately its being torn down right now at the shop so I don't have any pictures right now, but i'll see if i can get some when everythings all apart