6.2 Blown Motor????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NY SCREW

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh trust me, I know.....he "leaves" out pieces of stories all the time, but the truck is bone stock.......what can they do???

i had a dent in my skid plate an had a dealership tell me it caused my steering column to go bad when the only thing behind the skid plate is the frame(i could have hit a prius an it could have had a direct impact on a prius an it wouldnt have been possible for the plate to hurt the steering column unless it whent through the frame....this wasnt the case obsly).........dont underestimate the shenanigans they will try an pull man always been aggressive an on your toes.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh trust me, I know.....he "leaves" out pieces of stories all the time, but the truck is bone stock.......what can they do???

Yeah.. stock truck and no signs of abuse "should" make this a definite warranty repair with no questions asked the way I see it.

I was just shedding light on his comment about not wanting to **** them off. I would've made the dealer hate my guts if I were in his shoes and knew I didn't do jack to blow my motor.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would've made the dealer hate my guts if I were in his shoes and knew I didn't do jack to blow my motor.
Definitely! I wonder if that happened if I could just run home and swap out my intake for stock, ha!

Reading more and more of this thread makes me want to go back to stock. I don't need my shit exploding on me! :( One in a million thing, though -- we hope! The way some of you nut-jobs drive your trucks, this definitely sounds like a fluke.

Coolhand5599

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well the problem is that my buddy isn't being aggressive with it. This is going on three weeks and they haven't even offered him a loaner or rent a car. He's telling me that he doesn't want to **** them off and they deny his warranty. I was trying to explain it doesn't work like that......but in the end its his truck and he can do what he wants, but I know I'd be raising hell and I hate to see them walk all over him

If they are paying for a loaner it will get done faster.

Diesel1710

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I've never not got a loaner when my shit was getting warranty work for extended time frame. WTF!

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't seen a single CAI without the lower section of the air box for these trucks so if the truck took on water they would be water in the air box CAI or complete stock air box. The amount of water might be different but it would still be there. I would be more concern with why number 7 failed nothing else has damage. Also rental is part of Fords new car warranty all he has to do is ask for it. Most service writers won't offer it.

Droid

kglesq's Brother
Reaction score
kglesq (brother who owns a identical Raptor to mine) called Ford customer service when his defective PCM failed at about 3000 miles. They gave him their top-of-the line extended warranty and upgraded his ****** econobox loaner to a Dodge pickup.

If he didn't do anything wrong to the truck, he shouldn't have a damn thing to worry about.

That said, Ford's policy on warranty loaner vehicles severely needs to change. When I spend $50k on something, I want a temporary replacement when it fails.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Also rental is part of Fords new car warranty all he has to do is ask for it. Most service writers won't offer it.
Since when? Had always understood the opposite, would love for that to be the case!

www.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/2011Warranty.pdf
Ford Warranty Guide said:
Ford and your dealer are not responsible for any time or income that
you lose, any inconvenience you might be caused, the loss of your
transportation or use of your vehicle, the cost of rental vehicles, fuel,
telephone, travel, meals, or lodging, the loss of personal or commercial
property, the loss of revenue, or for any other incidental or
consequential damages you may have.

Last edited:

The Tank

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That said, Ford's policy on warranty loaner vehicles severely needs to change. When I spend $50k on something, I want a temporary replacement when it fails.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

Since when? Had always understood the opposite, would love for that to be the case!

www.ford.com/resources/ford/general/pdf/2011Warranty.pdf
Hmmm I don't know what do tell you but other then my frame(not warranty) every time my truck went into the shop I got a loaner(usually from Enterprise) and it was covered under my warranty.