6.2 Blown Motor????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
Well it looks like we might have our first 6.2 casualty......at least that I know of. A fellow member on here, Borracho, might have possibly blew his motor last weekend. He's got a 2011 SCREW loaded, but bone stock except for the perch mod that I did when he first got it. Now I wasn't with him at the time this happened, but things don't look good..........

To start out, last month someone hit his truck at work to where the bed had to be removed to replace the bedside. He claimed that shortly after getting the truck back, it really wasn't "running" like it used to. (possible water in fuel tank while bed was off???)

Fast forward to last Saturday, he was on his way home and went to pass someone, the truck downshifted really "hard and crazy". He let off and eased back into it, but the truck seemed to have a miss to it and was running really rough. He got it home and let it sit over night. Tried to fire it up the next morning and there was all kinds of white smoke and "things sounded like they were lose inside the motor". He had it towed to the dealership that following Monday........

Fast forward to Wednesday, I'm worried for him now, as they asked him if it was ok if they "tear down the motor". When he told me that, I said it wasn't a good sign, as warranty when it comes to warranty work, they don't have to ask for your permission on anything. They are claiming there is water in the oil. To me that sounds like a cracked head, blown head gasket (best worst case scenario), or possible block damage......he still hasn't heard anything, but when he goes up to the dealership next time, I'm tagging along to try to back him up and take pics.....I'll keep you posted

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why you are so worried. If the truck is under warranty then he should get a new motor or rebuild free of charge. It sucks yea, but why the worry if he didn't do anything to the motor?

OP
OP
Raptorguy21

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
Ruben? Brochacho?

Yup......

I don't understand why you are so worried. If the truck is under warranty then he should get a new motor or rebuild free of charge. It sucks yea, but why the worry if he didn't do anything to the motor?

Thats not how it works man. When the dealership calls you and asks for "permission" to work or do anything, its with the understanding that the situation has turned into a customer-pay. Let's say you take your truck in because it won't start and its out of warranty. When you drop it off, you have to sign a piece of paper authorizing them to diagnose the vehicle. Then they call you to tell you want the problem is and ask for "permission" to replace the battery or whatever is wrong with the vehicle.

On a catastrophic failure such as this, Ford/dealership is going to examine this thing thru and thru to make sure it wasn't abuse or some outside force/reason that caused this. Last thing Ford wants to do is pay $10g's for a new motor and labor.

Now your right, in that Ford should replace it because the truck is bone stock and he did nothing wrong, but doesn't mean they won't try. Hence why this is going up on the forum. I told him that them asking for permission isn't totally a bad thing......but its not a good sign

Last edited:

Tejas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup......

Thats not how it works man. When the dealership calls you and asks for "permission" to work or do anything, its with the understanding that the situation has turned into a customer-pay. Let's say you take your truck in because it won't start and its out of warranty. When you drop it off, you have to sign a piece of paper authorizing them to diagnose the vehicle. Then they call you to tell you want the problem is and ask for "permission" to replace the battery or whatever is wrong with the vehicle.

On a catastrophic failure such as this, Ford/dealership is going to examine this thing thru and thru to make sure it wasn't abuse or some outside force/reason that caused this. Last thing Ford wants to do is pay $10g's for a new motor and labor.

Now your right, in that Ford should replace it because the truck is bone stock and he did nothing wrong, but doesn't mean they won't try. Hence why this is going up on the forum. I told him that them asking for permission isn't totally a bad thing......but its not a good sign

I recently had to go through an entire ordeal with my 2012 GT500. I have direct contact info for the customer representative for the Texas region up in Michigan. I went straight to her when they started dragging their feet on my Shelby and got to the bottom of it but not without threatening a lawsuit first. Regardless, I got it taken care of by going to the top and skipping over the local manager who is only going to relay your info to her anyways as they try to pawn you off.

Let me know how it turns out and if it gets nasty PM me and will get you her contact info. Best of luck!

Tejas

OP
OP
Raptorguy21

Raptorguy21

The Bob Vila of Trucks
Reaction score
I recently had to go through an entire ordeal with my 2012 GT500. I have direct contact info for the customer representative for the Texas region up in Michigan. I went straight to her when they started dragging their feet on my Shelby and got to the bottom of it but not without threatening a lawsuit first. Regardless, I got it taken care of by going to the top and skipping over the local manager who is only going to relay your info to her anyways as they try to pawn you off.

Let me know how it turns out and if it gets nasty PM and will get you her contact info. Best of luck!

Tejas

Sweet, thanks man.....I really hope it doesn't come down to that, my buddy isn't that knowledgeable about vehicles, which is why I'm helping, but we just might have to use that

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dayum. With news like this, it makes me want to go back to stock with my truck and just enjoy the **** out of it the way it sits from the factory. It's already a beast, I don't think I'd miss the AIRAID and Tune. Can't really do much with the exhaust since I don't have the stock unit.