6.2 and nos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep. ran 2 1.25lb bottles. one on each side above the exhaustView attachment 164944 View attachment 164946 3rd gear pull on the busa was insane already from factory. add in an extra 80hp with that and you had to be careful. you can do a backflip doing 100 in 5th gear pretty easy if you hit the button. its basically like a constant pull up. your arms get worn out because you keep sliding to the back. you MUST keep your weight forward or you are in deep shit. my bike topped out at 210 mph when you removed the rev limiter. i was on a desolate wyoming highway with nobody around (yeah, i know not a good idea) had both my bottles filled and a straightaway for miles. guess what happened? magically my bottles turned on and i could not turn them off because i was just hanging on for dear life.finally my bottles emptied and the stats came back and said i was doing 233mph.

View attachment 164945
Mad respect, bro! That's some serious speed. Most of us will never experience without getting on a jet airplane.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
was going with a dry system.

i know the fuel injection will compensate for a lot of it, but i think time on a dyno to clean it up a bit. i wasn't planning for dead stop launches. i don't need to drag race. but every now and then, i tend to pass vehicles on a one lane highway and would like a little extra power. and on a few trails i know of, would be fun to get a little more oomph.

The dry system on my 93 lighting Had a tee come off nos line 1st solenoid, to the fuel regulator to richen it when nos was available . Also there was a pressure switch if fuel pressure didn't rise it would keep shut the 2nd solenoid so nos would not got to nozzle . Not sure how dry system works on these new fangled returnless fuel systems .

Seem to me it would go lean throw your fuel trims out if you didn't have enough injector.

I did snap a spider gear in that old 8.8 hitting it from a stop.

Last edited:

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
233 mph dam!

fastest i ever been under my control 155 in lightning. 140 in srt10 QC, 140 in tremor , 130 in both Raptors . 130 in 454ss . 100 on my banshee and 90 on my polaris scrambler 1000.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The dry system on my 93 lighting Had a tee come off nos line 1st solenoid, to the fuel regulator to richen it when nos was available . Also there was a pressure switch if fuel pressure didn't rise it would keep shut the 2nd solenoid so nos would not got to nozzle . Not sure how dry system works on these new fangled returnless fuel systems .

Seem to me it would go lean throw your fuel trims out if you didn't have enough injector.

I did snap a spider gear in that old 8.8 hitting it from a stop.
fc6cf1288c327df5154c2dd572082b41.jpg

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do it. And please take pics! Again like those that have mentioned what’s the worst that can happen? (Can’t see it from my house)! Good luck!

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You don't feed the nitrous in off the line, that will destroy the engine. Your 100hp shot at 1000rpm is a 525 ft-lb increase in torque. You feed the nitrous to the engine somewhere after peak torque and let it stay through the shifts.

The biggest problem for you sir, is consumption. Your nitrous use is going to cover the cost of a supercharger quickly :)

Last edited:

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Consumption junction what's your dysfunction. 6 -8 psi boost is what you need , Nos gets expensive fast and pain in ass fast filling it. Watching some videos on EPA crackdowns that are happening, aftermarket supercharger kits may be thing of the past in near future.

Only reason i did NOS on my 93 lightning was to beat couple guys that always kick my ass street racing , i would always get the jump and pull till mid track then they would run me down. I was racing against a 89 mustang gt that had some work and 78 chevy truck that was pretty healthy. I did 75 HP shot for those 2 guys , of course they didn't know i was bottle fed . After i beat them i told them i did a tune up , plugs and a new eprom chip. HAHA . Guy with GT said he will beat me with his other car ford fairlane with a 390 . Next weekend refilled bottle put the 150 shot in. beat him and his fairlane and he said . goddamit i know you did something to this truck . i just laughed and showed him the bottle. The mid 90s were so much fun.

Last edited:

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Watching some videos on EPA crackdowns that are happening, aftermarket supercharger kits may be thing of the past in near future.

Maybe in kit form. You will still be able to buy an P1X or an s470 and brew your own, just going to mean more bad-ass fabricators running around.