6.2 and nos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cthulhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wait...You ran NOS on a Busa!?!

b79f9f7c9337bdb2a0ad4313c36e9c3c.gif

¿WTF does that feel like and how did you keep the front tire below 90°?

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had a 150 shot on my GEN 1 lightning . It was a kick in the ass. Sucked getting bottle filled all the time. In the Gen2 Lightning crowd most were using a 25 to 50 shot just for the cooling effects especially in summer here in AZ . I never had it on my GEN 2 lightning i went with the killer chiller to keep intercooler water temps in the 60s when it was 100+ degree out 3.4 whipple. My 454ss , has no intercooler but i only run 6 PSI boost , thought about the snow injection but never got around to installing a system . You need boost up in the mountains

IMG00063-20110405-1828.jpg

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait...You ran NOS on a Busa!?!

View attachment 164940

¿WTF does that feel like and how did you keep the front tire below 90°?
yep. ran 2 1.25lb bottles. one on each side above the exhaust2016-06-03.jpg 2016-06-03-1.jpg 3rd gear pull on the busa was insane already from factory. add in an extra 80hp with that and you had to be careful. you can do a backflip doing 100 in 5th gear pretty easy if you hit the button. its basically like a constant pull up. your arms get worn out because you keep sliding to the back. you MUST keep your weight forward or you are in deep shit. my bike topped out at 210 mph when you removed the rev limiter. i was on a desolate wyoming highway with nobody around (yeah, i know not a good idea) had both my bottles filled and a straightaway for miles. guess what happened? magically my bottles turned on and i could not turn them off because i was just hanging on for dear life.finally my bottles emptied and the stats came back and said i was doing 233mph.

2016-06-03.jpg

Nesc204

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You will need to change the Pistons to a Forged set. Stock Pistons are Cast and won't last with big HP hit. And most likely bigger fuel injection rails. Adding more air means you need to add more Fuel

jondle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Superchargers add 100hp on stock internals and drive train. Your truck isn't supercharged, right? I'd say your fine with a dry shot as long as you give a little rolling start. What's the worst that happens?

Do you really need a tune for it? On a dry shot, won't the O2 sensor see the additional oxygen and put more fuel in? I'd have your girlfriend hold your beer and see what happens.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will need to change the Pistons to a Forged set. Stock Pistons are Cast and won't last with big HP hit. And most likely bigger fuel injection rails. Adding more air means you need to add more Fuel
was going with a dry system.
Superchargers add 100hp on stock internals and drive train. Your truck isn't supercharged, right? I'd say your fine with a dry shot as long as you give a little rolling start. What's the worst that happens?

Do you really need a tune for it? On a dry shot, won't the O2 sensor see the additional oxygen and put more fuel in? I'd have your girlfriend hold your beer and see what happens.
i know the fuel injection will compensate for a lot of it, but i think time on a dyno to clean it up a bit. i wasnt planning for dead stop launches. i dont need to drag race. but every now and then, i tend to pass vehicles on a one lane highway and would like a little extra power. and on a few trails i know of, would be fun to get a little more oomph.