6.2 and nos?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
since i had nos on the bike (06 hayabusa with an 80 shot) i was thinking of tinkering with, playing with, the idea of adding some nos to the truck. i would do a dry system for ease of install and little easier on the motor, but just wondering from those out there smarter than me, the downfalls to the engine with lets say 100shot. granted it would just be rare occasions it would be used, so not every straightaway and not racing every ram, chevy, and toyota. just had some parts laying around and figured it could be a 2am text list type of mod. (only the og members know about the 2am text list) so tell me, what are the cons of this?

1) drive shaft is the next weakest link. i have seen tuned trucks drop them so 100shot of nos on full throttle from a stop will drop one. what about hitting it at 50mph? 80mph?

2) while i know about nos, i dont know much about the 6.2 engine. fill in the blanks when they come up. @FordTechOne your input here would be greatly appreciated as well.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don’t have any personal experience with N2O, but if it’s not dialed in perfectly it can destroy an engine in very short order. While the 6.2 is durable, it was never designed for that instant power increase.

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t have any personal experience with N2O, but if it’s not dialed in perfectly it can destroy an engine in very short order. While the 6.2 is durable, it was never designed for that instant power increase.
party pooper......

a dyno is definitely in order with the juice, just wanted to get your opinion on it

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I ran NOS on my Mustang years ago, cracked three pistons, the motor I have now in it will handle it and has the option for it in the efi program, but I'm not going that route, it's too expensive. Learn from me, once you have it for use at your finger tips, you will always want to use it, well, my brain is wired that way.

Listen to @FordTechOne

OP
OP
The Car Stereo Company

The Car Stereo Company

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran NOS on my Mustang years ago, cracked three pistons, the motor I have now in it will handle it and has the option for it in the efi program, but I'm not going that route, it's too expensive. Learn from me, once you have it for use at your finger tips, you will always want to use it, well, my brain is wired that way.

Listen to @FordTechOne
i would always put people to shame and in their place when on the bike. idiots always tried to race. 3rd gear and nos and no car would be withing sight at the end of a mile

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Do it man! Besides if you grenade the motor you can just yank that 6.2 out and put a real motor in that truck...a 3.5 TT EB [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
since i had nos on the bike (06 hayabusa with an 80 shot) i was thinking of tinkering with, playing with, the idea of adding some nos to the truck. i would do a dry system for ease of install and little easier on the motor, but just wondering from those out there smarter than me, the downfalls to the engine with lets say 100shot. granted it would just be rare occasions it would be used, so not every straightaway and not racing every ram, chevy, and toyota. just had some parts laying around and figured it could be a 2am text list type of mod. (only the og members know about the 2am text list) so tell me, what are the cons of this?

1) drive shaft is the next weakest link. i have seen tuned trucks drop them so 100shot of nos on full throttle from a stop will drop one. what about hitting it at 50mph? 80mph?

2) while i know about nos, i dont know much about the 6.2 engine. fill in the blanks when they come up. @FordTechOne your input here would be greatly appreciated as well.
I just saw a gen1 down here for sale and it had two bottles mounted in the rear...damn now I need to find it