GEN 2 5 Star Tuning Great Job 2018 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daytona1783

Reaction score
Anyone else have experience with 5 Star tunes on the Raptor? I ran a 5 Star tune from 2016 - 2022 on my 2014 F-150 Platinum with a Ecoboost motor and it ran awesome for 50,000 miles. Is there something I should know about regarding the Raptors?

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have experience with 5 Star tunes on the Raptor? I ran a 5 Star tune from 2016 - 2022 on my 2014 F-150 Platinum with a Ecoboost motor and it ran awesome for 50,000 miles. Is there something I should know about regarding the Raptors?
GooseTuned is the way to go with Raptors.

Johan

Reaction score
Used 5star on my F-450 V10 motorhome with great results, they are big in the RV rig tuning as they do specific trans adjustments that are greatly beneficial to the heavy RV's. I used Goose for my Raptor and cant say enough good things about it and his service. And I tune vehicles for a living, just not Ford, so I did my research when it came to picking tuners.

daytona1783

Reaction score
Used 5star on my F-450 V10 motorhome with great results, they are big in the RV rig tuning as they do specific trans adjustments that are greatly beneficial to the heavy RV's. I used Goose for my Raptor and cant say enough good things about it and his service. And I tune vehicles for a living, just not Ford, so I did my research when it came to picking tuners.
Good feedback. Thank you. I want to tune the truck, but I question whether the Goose is $1500 better than the 5Star. I'm just looking for the best option that doesn't break the bank. 5star has awesome customer service also, with free lifetime revisions. How was the transmission tuning?

Johan

Reaction score
Good feedback. Thank you. I want to tune the truck, but I question whether the Goose is $1500 better than the 5Star. I'm just looking for the best option that doesn't break the bank. 5star has awesome customer service also, with free lifetime revisions. How was the transmission tuning?
Well, i did a bunch of research before going with Goose and he kind of trumped (pun intended) the others out there. Trans was night and day for the better and we ended up doing 5 revisions until all was well. I do recommend an Intercooler as well, plus a catch can.