GEN 2 5 Star Tuning Great Job 2018 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I did the 93 Per4f, 93 Daily and 89 Daily tunes on SCT4 for my 2018 Raptor and what a awesome tune. I checked stock test, the daily and then Perf tunes and especially the 93 Perf tune what a big difference in the truck. No issues at all with the engine or trans actions and a beast. I will drop back to the 93 daily as that is what I use more and would not be able to not hot rod on the Perf tune. I like the SCT device and what I use in my other cars anyway. All I can say is 5 Star did a great no issue tune and all were loaded on my SCT so very simple plug and play and no downloading anything.

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
Never had an issue with an SCT device tune and maybe I'm lucky but don't care cause it is flawless and my SCT is still being made. Same SCT on my GT500 obviously different tune from VMP Performance and no issues there either. I don't get all caught up in all the forum likes and dislikes in tuners and tunes I research it. Somehow 5 Star is still doing business. Everyone has what they like and personally even if the tune is #1 above all others I don't like that NGauge, too much email bs to get a tune (all mine were on the device) and I would never mount that gauge nor this SCT on my window, and the is a Raptor (pepped up a bit) not a GT500. I just wanted a bit more not baja the truck and probably never see the dirt anyway just my work toy.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just saying they haven't gotten the best reviews, not saying anything about the tune devices. But glad you are happy.

OP
OP
G
Reaction score
Ya, maybe in the past they had issues I was not a Raptor owner then and maybe better now but once you loose customers hard to get back. Guess I'm lucky and great for me so no hassles but that tune is spot on my sone checked it on his laptop where he tunes his own cars he builds. Anyway thanks for the reply's.

cpost6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, maybe in the past they had issues I was not a Raptor owner then and maybe better now but once you loose customers hard to get back. Guess I'm lucky and great for me so no hassles but that tune is spot on my sone checked it on his laptop where he tunes his own cars he builds. Anyway thanks for the reply's.

All that matters is if you are satisfied!

luv2xlr8

Reaction score
I’m waiting for my tune from 5 star. I will check back here to let you know my experiences with my 18’. I’ve read a lot of good and bad stuff. From what I understand, they didn’t really have a good reputation in the early days of the Gen 2. They were better tuning the big blocks 6.2, etc. I’m sure a few years of tuning may have helped them. It’s difficult to know how every truck will react given the many setups/ mods and how they will react to the tune. If I’m dissatisfied with them, I’ll report back and give MPT a try. Not alot of bad reviews here for them, so it would be worth a shot.

luv2xlr8

Reaction score
Just an update here:

I got my 5 star tune back today via email and uploaded the tune to my SCT BDX and wow am I absolutely impressed. I requested a 93 perf tune for the engine and trans. Wow, it feels like it’s ready to take off at the light tap of a foot! While I haven’t long term tested this for reliability and such, I can report good news that I’m not on the side of the road after I loaded the custom 5 star tune, but I am having a lot more fun driving now!

Klockopotomis

Reaction score
I just installed my 93 perf tune from 5 star and I cannot tell a difference in performance. Yes throttle response is much better but no noticeable acceleration. I will have to get it dyno'd to be sure

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just installed my 93 perf tune from 5 star and I cannot tell a difference in performance. Yes throttle response is much better but no noticeable acceleration. I will have to get it dyno'd to be sure
If you dont notice a massive difference something is wrong. Im not a 5 star fan... at all. MPT and Goose are the clear winners