4 x BD LP6’s installed on stock front bumper.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
SCMike

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't think about the reflection, that makes sense. Thank you!

Couple more questions...

Which lights did you go with; Driving/Combo or High Speed Spot or both?

I went with 2 Pro6 Spots and 2 Pro6 Driving Combo. For higher speed runs at night, you’ll want both. You may have already seen it, but the link below is a great resource to explain the various lighting zones.

Why did you chose amber over white?

Amber is a preference of mine. It’s designed to cut through the dust and fog a little better than white. I had both amber and white on my Gen2 and seemed to always go for the ambers. So I chose to do all amber this time around.

Did you just use the hardware they come with or did you need/use anything extra?

I just used the hardware provided in the kit.

Finally, I read the wiring instructions. How do you plan to wire these? It would be cool to use up the fitter switches and have all 3 modes of the lights available.

I’m still debating on how I want to wire them. I’m leaning toward just wiring the high beams and back lights. I don’t really see the need to wire in the low beams. I have two different harness for them at the moment, so I could go either way. The tranditional harness you have to be careful not to turn both the high beams and low beam in at the same time or you will damage the lights. BD also sells an Upfitter Lock Out Harness which is designed to use with the upfitter sand will prevent you from damaging the lights. For your application I think you should order thet harness. It’s very easy to wire in. Here is a link to the harness: https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/LP-Series-Upfitter-Lock-Out-Harness.asp

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm really digging this set up and am going to do the same (maybe start with just the outer lights), giving you full credit! LOL

All good man, that’s what these forums are for. Best of luck and let me know if I can help in any way.

dirtlvr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with 2 Pro6 Spots and 2 Pro6 Driving Combo. For higher speed runs at night, you’ll want both. You may have already seen it, but the link below is a great resource to explain the various lighting zones.

Amber is a preference of mine. It’s designed to cut through the dust and fog a little better than white. I had both amber and white on my Gen2 and seemed to always go for the ambers. So I chose to do all amber this time around.

I just used the hardware provided in the kit.

I’m still debating on how I want to wire them. I’m leaning toward just wiring the high beams and back lights. I don’t really see the need to wire in the low beams. I have two different harness for them at the moment, so I could go either way. The tranditional harness you have to be careful not to turn both the high beams and low beam in at the same time or you will damage the lights. BD also sells an Upfitter Lock Out Harness which is designed to use with the upfitter sand will prevent you from damaging the lights. For your application I think you should order thet harness. It’s very easy to wire in. Here is a link to the harness: https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/LP-Series-Upfitter-Lock-Out-Harness.asp

All good man, that’s what these forums are for. Best of luck and let me know if I can help in any way.
Thank you so much for the info. Really appreciate it!!

RaptorCDH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Giving a shout out to SCMIKE...He was kind enough to let me check out his lighting upgrades...The BD LP6's fit perfectly on the stock bumper...anyone considering mouting lights on the factory bumper shouldn't hesitate ...I was considering xl80's in the same position but given their smaller size and the lack of peripheral lighting like the LP's..I have decided to go with 4 LP6's on the stock bumper....Also SCMIKE did an outstanding install on third brake light upgrade with integrated bd chase lights and rear bumper chase lights...The guy has definitely been busy dialing in his rig in a very short amount of time---

cheers

OP
OP
SCMike

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Giving a shout out to SCMIKE...He was kind enough to let me check out his lighting upgrades...The BD LP6's fit perfectly on the stock bumper...anyone considering mouting lights on the factory bumper shouldn't hesitate ...I was considering xl80's in the same position but given their smaller size and the lack of peripheral lighting like the LP's..I have decided to go with 4 LP6's on the stock bumper....Also SCMIKE did an outstanding install on third brake light upgrade with integrated bd chase lights and rear bumper chase lights...The guy has definitely been busy dialing in his rig in a very short amount of time---

cheers
It was great meeting you Chris, and happy I could help out!