LP6's on the Bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok. Down the rabbit hole we go. I'm looking at possible lighting upgrades. I'm thinking about mounting 4 LP6's or possibly 2 LP6's and 2 LP9's on the front bumper. I want to space them out enough so the lights don't interfere with the camera. I've looked at the front light bars available from several vendors but all of them seem to block the lower vision in front. Can these lights be mounted directly to the bumper without any other concerns?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Depends if you want to drill into your bumper or not. The LP6s and 9s have 3 bolts per light. I am running 4 LP9s on a SVC frame cut bumper on a Gen 2. My camera is blocked but that's not a concern for me. Think @smurfslayer has some type of light bar on his Gen 2.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
N-Fab light bar. IMG_5725.jpg

Not sure if they have a solution out for Jen Tres. There’s very minimal camera obstruction. I may do one more inboard pair of lights, however I’m thinking if I go big, then the S8 needs to find a new home as I don’t want to introduce cooling problems.